What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CPS & Snake Lovers

If anything, I've noticed more of an affinity to creatures like dart frogs. I think the only person I've heard talk about snakes (at least that I remember) is Ozzy. Well, I guess pon expressed some interest a while back in the trading forum...

Maybe we all just respect the finer things in life!

xvart.

If anything, I've noticed more of an affinity to creatures like dart frogs. I think the only person I've heard talk about snakes (at least that I remember) is Ozzy. Well, I guess pon expressed some interest a while back in the trading forum...

Maybe we all just respect the finer things in life!

xvart.

Pon likes ANYTHING with the word "free" in the title, whether it be a snake or a dead chicken.

I got some free snake poop he can have if he pays for shipping.

She's put up with a lot of pets and plants from me but a snake is where she draws the line lol. If they had legs she wouldn't mind them.
I have met plenty of snakes that have two legs. :-))

I have met plenty of snakes that have two legs. :-))

Tell me about it, theres this one "snake" I know that I was nice enough to invite him to my Nascar Fantasy League, had he has the nerve to take the lead from me. What an ***.

Nice photos, Ozzy. I have missed those copperheads. When I lived in Raleigh, I brought one home once and my Dad squished it with a shovel(I was like nine).
I especially miss the NC variant of that Gaboon Viper, lol.

Cheers,

Joe

I especially miss the NC variant of that Gaboon Viper, lol.

I didn't take that pic n NC, I found that Gaboon Viper in Myrtle Beach SC.

for me, it's a matter of being able to see evolution to the extreme!

In my city, we have ficus' and impatiens in the way of plants. The "exotic" gardeners grow tomatoes and *gasp* cucumbers.

As for "wild" life, we have pigeons, squirelles, pigeons, sparrows, pigeons, the ocasional red-tailed hawk, pigeons, and a few Western Fence/Blue Belly lizards.

Then there's me! Cp's everywere in my back yard! nepenthes harrasing my neighbors dog, capensis' growing in my other neighbors orchids, and snakes in my house!

aww...good to be the different one! mix it up! fight the power! :-D

Speaking of snakes...

Today I was walking into one of the residence halls I run and stumbled across this little guy in the lobby. This is along the Missouri/Kansas border. Is it some sort of rat snake?

He (or she) got behind a file cabinet which is where the dust on his head came from. When I tried to get him out from behind the cabinet he struck at the broom handle several times and then he bent his tail up and shook it back and forth, similar to what rattlesnakes do (at least on the movies!). The snake didn't have any rattles on it, but he was a very small snake.

DSCN1903.jpg

DSCN1902.jpg

DSCN1901.jpg

And here the snake is back in the wild! I hope he can find his family.
DSCN1905.jpg

xvart.

Looks like a baby red racer to me, but I don't know the snakes in your area and I could be wrong.

I used this link but I'm no good at identifying snakes even with pictures. How do their patterns develop as they age? Do they "spots" get bigger or do they get more spots? Or both?

I have it down to either a Great Plains Rat Snake or a Plains Hog-nosed Snake. The reason I was leaning towards the rat snake was because of the behavior of striking when alarmed and vibrating the tail.

xvart.

I know that I was nice enough to invite him to my Nascar Fantasy League, had he has the nerve to take the lead from me. What an ***.
Face it Ozzy, you need the competition...PAK sure isn't giving you any. :beer:

PAK sure isn't giving you any.

Awwww! No fair! I can't get in there to play! Ozzy was supposed to tell y'all that. Or did he let it look like I just lost interest? This is VERY frustrating. I used to be leading ALL of y'all. :p

Yes, for some reason CP growers often love herp stuff. I don't know why. But then again they are also often into succulents and orchids. ???

Ever noticed how it's a male dominated hobby? Even for orchids and succulent enthusiasts, it seems male dominated. I wonder why.

I guess chicks dig guys who like flowers.

I was going to make another post trying to learn how many males to females in clubs related to cps. Seems mostly male to me.

I just talked to someone from the Greater Lansing Garden Club (part of national organization). She suggested I ask to be involved with programs for next year.

I want a program on rock gardens/alpine plants, miniature shrubs, and carnivorous plants--perhaps the wetlands of Michigan.

I was just going to send our club president an email when a note about this last comment came through.

Back