Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Police shoot snake and kills a 5 yo boy

"Help! Help! I've fallen and can't get out!" hunterkiller0's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have encountered rattlesnakes many times when I go hunting, walked over a couple of them without seeing them until I was practically on top of them. Of all the rattlers I have seen and had gotten close by accident. Only three rattlers have rattled there rattles, just three and none of them attempted to strike me. Half of the time they would move, the other half they would stay put where I spotted them, but I always back off.

If you guys are wondering, I never shot at any of them… Ever… They have shown respect and did like wise. I back off.

The story of this guy shooting at a bitty snake is astounding to me; this man shouldn’t be a cop. Talk about of overreacting!

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phissionkorps View Post
    What about Guam ?

Guam, is an example of an invasive species. That is a whole different topic.

And some guys are cops because Kmart is not hiring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahahaha Ozzy.

This is definitely a tragedy. Accidents keep happening as of late... a bridge collapse, a mine collapse in Utah, a mine collapse in Idaho, and now a kid got shot by a moronic cop who was shooting at a snake. SERIOUSLY! The snake wouldn't slither down the tree (?) and slither over and randomly bite the people. You don't need to shoot at it, you'd probably miss anyways, it's a little snake, not everyone has to aim there guns at it shooting until they all start dropping with bullets in them because they can't hit the snake. That's probably what would have happened if the rest of them decided shooting a small snake was worth. You can hear me saying small because U.S. snakes typically are on the small side, compared to tropical snakes they're even smaller, and like someone said previously it was a large chance it was NOT venomous and if it was, not lethal. I've always been interested in Reptiles, just can't afford the huge price of them. So why do you need to pull out your handgun, the thing that police officers use before all else to serve justice to shoot a small snake in a tree or wherever it was? Yeah, this guy seriously needs to be locked up and the family to just strip that department of money until they go into debt.
    - NeciFiX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Things happen. Too often because of a refusal to pay the cost of doing something right.

According to more recent articles in that OK paper, the man who pulled the trigger (twice) was one month out of training and 3 of the town's 10 police officers are on leave. One is the shift supervisor who had also responded. He had 5 years of service. While that's enough experience to be supervising at McDonalds, it wouldn't cut it where I work. And we have a lot less authority and bear a lot less responsibility than a police force. If you want top quality police officers, you have to pay what it takes to get them and to get them trained. I don't know the details, but I'm guessing that town, like most others, doesn't do all that.

Mine accidents generally happen because of cutting corners. With such lax regulation, the only way to compete in the industry is to be as reckless as everyone else. If there were strict enforcement and accountability, mining coal would cost a few pennies more per ton and everyone using it would spend a trivial amount so miners don't have to die or be injured. When mine owners operate with impunity, miners die.

We still don't know what went wrong with the bridge, but we're much better at spending on new construction, which puts money in the pockets of real estate speculators and developers somewhere, than we are at spending to maintain what we already have. Here in CT, a newspaper reported that our DOT had cut back from inspecting bridges every other year as recommended by the feds to inspecting them every 4th year. The governor was embarassed enough to start hiring inspectors again to look at the worst bridges. That was even before the MN bridge failure. The governor is always the first to take credit for cutting taxes, but also the first to blame others (faceless bureaucrats at the DOT) for not having enough people to inspect bridges.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals — but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good thing it was just one snake- imagine if there'd been a swarm of "africanized bees" when the officer arrived- just switch to full auto and git blastin eh

Seriously, shooting a wiggly snake in a tree sounds pretty dang silly to me for a LOT of reasons, glad we do things differently up here
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345