Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Cheaters do win...barry bonds!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Music == ART
    Baseball == SPORT

Watching baseball may be entertaining to YOU but it consists of athletes competing against one another which effects their own record, salary and their teams win/loss column.

Haven't any of you played sports before? One person cheating ruins the whole game for everyone else.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And athletic teams represent the communities they come from on a national and international scale. Olympics anyone?

I also don't think that Bonds is the only one taking heat about steroids; however he is the most obvious one since everyone is following the home run race. Anyone who has ever tested positive for steroids has been heckled, booed, and ostracized by the baseball stadiums across the country.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xvart View Post
    I also don't think that Bonds is the only one taking heat about steroids; however he is the most obvious one since everyone is following the home run race. Anyone who has ever tested positive for steroids has been heckled, booed, and ostracized by the baseball stadiums across the country.

xvart.
    exactly. again, i wont be surprised to find out that a-rod is on steroids or randy johnson. i'll be sad if a-rod were ever tested for it. he's a good figure who represents baseball. he doesnt go out and get hammered, act crazy or get into fights with his teammates (unlike carlos zambrano or lou pinella they make baseball players look bad)
    Go White Sox!!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -J Hendrix

Two flies one pitcher. Minus the crap eating. obregon562's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe if he were white.
    God, please dont go to the race card...

MAYBE if he didn't CHEAT then people would like him more!
    "It's easy to rip on cops, when you aren't the one needing saving"

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outsiders71 View Post
    Watching baseball may be entertaining to YOU but it consists of athletes competing against one another which effects their own record, salary and their teams win/loss column.

Haven't any of you played sports before? One person cheating ruins the whole game for everyone else.
    My point is that people who make their living in the arts are competing no less than people in professional sports. Athletes can only earn even a penny from sports because sports are entertaining to watch. People will pay to attend a game or will watch ads during breaks in the game on TV. Professional athletes are entertainers. Portraying a performance as a competition between cities or universities or nations is just a very effective marketing strategy.

And I wasn't playing the race card, although I admit the racial contrast in Bonds' support is pretty fascinating. I was only listing differences between him and Lance Armstrong, who seems untouchable. Even though his astounding level of performance in one of the druggiest of sports and the allegations against him should be enough for him to be equally hated. I wonder the same about Roger Clemens, whose career had begun to suck before he began bulking up and pitching like a much younger man. With the occasional 'roid rage too. Hey; he and Lance are both from TX! Hmmm . . . maybe we'll accept anything from a Texan.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Two flies one pitcher. Minus the crap eating. obregon562's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i am with you with clemens, he too is a cheat...

maybe we'll accept anything from a Texan
    No way!
    "It's easy to rip on cops, when you aren't the one needing saving"

My Growlist

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345