What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cheaters do win...barry bonds!

• Thread starter obregon562
  • Start date

obregon562

Two flies one pitcher. Minus the crap eating.
Supporter
God! he finally did!

damn it!

What a cheat! sire we "have no proof"...bull!

my favorite quote this year

"Barry,

When you are inducted in to the Hall of Fame, what hat size would you like? 7, 7 1/2, or 8?"

God this sucks!!!!

When i go up to California Carnivores next weeked, im gonna wear a big white T-shirt with an astric on it when we stop in SF! sure, i'll get shanked, shot, and thrown in the bay, but hey, it'll be worth it! look for me if your up there!!

im gonna go vent and curse under my breath...god this sucks so bad!

:censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor:

Calm down dude. It's not like it's soccer or something.

;)

dude, I totally feel ya. he is a disgrace to baseball. wait, I take it back...he's a disgrace to everything. the man cheated on his wife too!!!!!

Did anyone read Game of Shadows? A very interesting book. I dislike Bonds a lot; but, I'm positive that eventually his name will get officially ruined for good. I hope it turns out that he gets looked at like Mark McGwire when HOF nominations get passed around and few people think it's worth voting for him.

xvart.

It's not like it's soccer or something

if it was soccer, he'd have been shot in the head (how could you miss that thing!:0o: )
by someone!

yes, i have read Game of Shadows...how interesting it is! His "strength trainer" had serious ties to Valco! Hah! pathetic!

i hope he will be passed on by the HOF too...i hope and pray he will man up eventually and confess, but steroids do mess with you "man hood", so who knows...

maybe i'll make a whole line of these shirts...

now im thinking: "Juice it Up!" (the smoothie place) with his head in front of it...

or a pic of pluto on the front crying, and bonds' head on the back saying: WHY PLUTO GOT IS NO-LONGER A PLANET...

im just now seeing how he looked in his first season! :0o:

"I didn't know what i was drinking" says Bonds...any professional athlete knows whats going in their body (duh! it's their lively hood at stake!), where it's made, when it was made, which under-paid factory worker made it, and who to sue if they get a cold!!!

i so wish i would've cought that ball...i would've somehow defaced it and then thrown it back like the trash it is!

im gonna go back to yelling at the T.V. now...:censor:

Calm down dude. It's not like it's soccer or something.

;)

*pets his soccer ball and cries*

but yeah, i mean... i don't follow baseball much - but i do follow the medical science community, and i know what steroid abuse looks like (ex: barry bonds). It saddens me to watch as true athletes are whisked away and replaced with medically enhanced athletes.

le sigh.

Title editted. Do not bypass the profanity filter.

Shame on MLBA for letting steriods get this out of hand to begin with.

Should the beatles, jimi hendrix, the doors, etc.,etc., be kicked out of the R&R hall of fame for taking drugs?

Why are they honored and Barry Bonds spit upon?

Should the beatles, jimi hendrix, the doors, etc.,etc., be kicked out of the R&R hall of fame for taking drugs?

No, because they were not using them to cheat! c'mon, thats no comparison. If they had "singing enhancing drugs", then sure, they probably should! Im not saying it was right, but it wasnt cheating!

Sorry about the profanity...i just put in an f followed by 3 astrics though...did i still break it? sorry anyway...

Because no one in the music industry ever said "We're gonna start testing our musicians for drugs. If they test positive for it, they will be out of the band." Plus, the musicians you mentioned took drugs that made them more creative. it didnt give them extra strength to go out in public and sell cds.

Did the Babe take 'roids? Did Hank Aaron take 'roids?

Bonds do not deserve to be in the 700 club. Sammy Sosa doesn't either (sorry i had to throw his name out ther only because I dislike him)

Exactly!

It's alright. They are the ones who have to live with the testicular shrinkage.

i find all this hilarious..............these ppl are getting paid for our ENTERTAINMENT nothing else. home runs = entertainment...........the only place i think performance enhancing drugs should be kept completely away from is the Olympics.......other than that.....play on.......

Rocks stars achieve their "fame" through their creativity, music and entertainment. Its not a competion sport. Two entirely different things IMO. Sports is about competion which can involve various factors but physical condition is usually part of it. Drug restrictions are about making the playing field equal for all. For one person to have an illegal chemical advantage over another who chooses to 1) develop their physical condition by natural means 2) follow the drug restrictions doesn't seem fair to me. Why not achieve what you can achieve naturally without drug enhancement?

Rock stars use drugs for recreation mainly (as do a lot of people). They don't use drugs as a method to achieve "star status" nor to compete against other bands. Either their music and performances are enjoyable to the fans ....or its not.

I'm not into sports much but I'm far more impressed with someone who achieves "greatness" through hard work and talent than drug-induced (un-natural) conditioning.

I don't know if Bonds used steroids or not ... but if he did, that's too bad. The fans will never know if his achievement was driven by natural talent or if drugs provided the juice.

The Beatles would have wrote Sgt. Pepper if they had not taken LSD?

They went from singing " I wanna hold your hand" to "I am the Walrus" in a very short period of time. Drugs had nothing to do with that?

I didn't say drugs never influenced musicians and their works. I said bands aren't competing with other bands where the type and/or number of drugs related directly to their success. There have been tons of drug-influenced music...and art... writings...and other creative/entertainment works.

Drugs do not give one band an advantage over another in regards to being, say, voted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame...where Barry Bonds home run stats would influence his being voted into the Sports Hall of Fame.

Sports IS about competion. The music industry is about entertainment.

By the way...I am the walrus...koo koo ka joo. hehe

I am the egg man.

AH, but the truth is, Paul was the walrus, but thats a whole new thread.:-D

Personally, I just feel it's hypocritical to honor these drug addicts, but damn this one.

The music industry is about entertainment

so is pro sports..................when those involved are getting payed that much money entertainment value matters more than actual competition..........let all the SOB's use 'roids........things should get even more entertaining.

there are plenty of other reasons why Bonds achievement shouldnt equal Aaron's.....smaller fields being #1.....however it still takes a great amount of talent to hit that many home runs.....'roids dont improve hand eye coordination.........

Geez. Is my point all THAT obscure? Yes, sports IS entertainment but the entertainment is the COMPETITION. Teams or individuals competing against other teams or individuals to WIN. No one is going to come to watch the Braves stand around in a stadium hitting balls to an empty field. There is no "winning" in the music other than the random music award. Most true musicians play for the love of their art, not with a primary goal of winning a Grammy. Some musicians don't even show up for the Grammy's because they don't believe in the award.

Sports is sports. Competition where drugs can influence performance and outcomes.

Either make steroids legal for all...or illegal for all. But it isn't fair for some to have a chemical advantage over others when its illegal.

im not the one that compared it to music..........watching my brothers, sisters and daughters play is watching competition.....pro sports is closer to a soap opera. granted you have fans of the team but mostly ppl go to see some one get hit, someone hit a home run, keeping up with the idiotic BS off the field such as the 'roid stuff with Bonds. few ppl really give a crap about who plays in the super bowl they just care that the super bowl happens. if true competition is the name of the game go watch high school sports........pro sports is about entertainment not competition.............

Back