What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

San Francisco Visit

Hey All,

I have just returned from a 12 day trip to the San Francisco Bay area. I made it a point to visit California Carnivores and got to meet our very own Lois (flytraplady5), her daughter, and Peter D'Amato! I also got a chance to see Lois' private collection as well. She was a tirelessly gracious host and gave me a tour of CC. It was a great experience for me!

I also had a chance, at Peter and Lois' insistence, to visit the CHOMP! exhibit at the Conservatory of Flowers at Golden Gate Park. They had a nice little collection of CP's on display and some BREATHTAKING Neps. There was an N. truncata that had pitchers approaching 14" I would bet. The staff at the Conservatory were VERY helpful and more than willing to answer questions. If any of you have an opportunity, you should check it out. I got a nifty little t-shirt from the exhibit with a VFT trap on it.

I'll post some pictures as soon as I can. I just got in yesterday, I'm in the office all day today, and I'm still waiting for some of my luggage to be found. That's not hot.

Later,
Will

Back