Likes Likes:  0
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: Church learns Vet was gay, cancels memorial

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by naja02 View Post
    I've been doing my "Homework" for over 20 yrs now. I've already forgotten more about christianity--then you will probably ever know.

There are so many "corrections" that they are not hard to find--just have to put forth the effort--well, and you have to Want to know the truth....
    I'm sorry, even as an elder I can't credit you just because you used the words "want to know the truth". You obviously don't want to know the truth based on the way you misread and misinterpreted John 4:22. Instead you are just another person who tries to tear apart the Bible verse by verse, ignoring context, ignoring time and ignoring meanings. Why? Only you "know the truth" on that one.

Obviously in every language there are words that have different meanings than other languages, and there are words that just don't plain exist. For instance the English word "do", does not exist in the Spanish language. Does that mean that every English sentence translated to Spanish with the word "do" is wrong? Absolutely not. The Bible has been translated the best it could with the limiting factor being language limitations. Does that mean the English version of the Bible is flawed? No, but if you care to "know the truth" there are many online Hebrew/Greek Bible references available to compare the verses. However I'm sure you will come back and say that the Hebrew/Greek Bible has been altered and doctored up as well right?
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    Not to Christians. To me. Saying that I am supporting Christianity over any other religion, that I'm a hypocrite, and implying I'm conservative. I don't appreciate that, particularly the last one, one bit. I can say you're a zealot but you don't see me saying that, do you?

You keep going on about corrections. And? There are also lots of contradictions and even books missing from the Bible. What's your point?
    My original post did not mention You, nor was it aimed at You, torward You, etc, etc, etc. You stepped into this of Your own accord. Now You are whining. Sheesh. I use Your own words against You and You still whine. You have no intention here other than to "Be Right" and have the last word. Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Outsiders71 View Post
    I'm sorry, even as an elder I can't credit you just because you used the words "want to know the truth". You obviously don't want to know the truth based on the way you misread and misinterpreted John 4:22. Instead you are just another person who tries to tear apart the Bible verse by verse, ignoring context, ignoring time and ignoring meanings. Why? Only you "know the truth" on that one.
    My original post was not only about John 4:22.

Obviously in every language there are words that have different meanings than other languages, and there are words that just don't plain exist. For instance the English word "do", does not exist in the Spanish language. Does that mean that every English sentence translated to Spanish with the word "do" is wrong? Absolutely not. The Bible has been translated the best it could with the limiting factor being language limitations. Does that mean the English version of the Bible is flawed? No, but if you care to "know the truth" there are many online Hebrew/Greek Bible references available to compare the verses. However I'm sure you will come back and say that the Hebrew/Greek Bible has been altered and doctored up as well right?
    Emphasis added.

The bible was no doubt Translated via "Inspiration" just as it was originally written via "Inspiration". Are You telling me that God got it wrong on the first "English" translation, and that now its being what? Once again "Inspired" to be "Translated" correctly now? Oh, no. Conveniently God has nothing to do with any "Translating". How convenient. Get a Grip.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My original reply to you was nothing but respectful. You not using my own words against me, you're taking what I said out of context and spinning it in your own favor.

Once again, stop telling me what my own motivations are. I am not going to sit here and let you walk all over me with absurd accusations, insults, and inferences based on uneducated guesses. Oh right, to you someone standing up for their self is just "whining". Gotcha.

Or maybe I shouldn't
    argue with an idiots, as they will bring me down to their level and beat me with experience?
    Your words, not mine. Emphasis added.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right. Got it.

How about You do a better job of keeping up with Yourself?

I agree. That's whay I'm in the casual process of getting out of this circus with You.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep up with myself just fine, maybe you should try keeping up with the thread and reading posts in their entirety without cherry picking quotes, taking them out of context, and making assumptions and inferences based on those out-of-context quotes about people in this community you have no knowledge of?

Have a nice day dude. I'm done with you and this thread. Your last reply is the equivalent of saying "I know you are but what am I?" and I have no time for you or your childishness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're a day late and a dollar short--as usual, huh?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Topic locked, I don't see this going anywhere.

Worked out for a while, eh?
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718