What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fifth anniversary

• Thread starter Ridetsu
  • Start date

Ridetsu

Gamer
so, its my girlfriend and I's fifth anniversary on the 21st (which is also my birthday). She is a vegan, and i am a vegetarian, and i wanted to get her something sweet and indulgent. I want to get her something like a dark, rich, and very good chocolate, but she's a vegan so thusly that's a no-no.

I want to find a tasty treat that is vegan friendly - meaning there are NO animal things involved. If anyone could give me some suggestions, i would greatly appreciate it. Usually i just get her dried fruit and organic things of that nature, but i wanna do something different this year.

hmmm... i firmly believe that your body needs small amounts of nutrients provided by animals- for example, protiens found in milk and othe animal products.

i can't think of anything vegan friendly that's yummy. when you say sweet things- i think cookies, brownies, ice cream or something. all of which have milk and/or eggs. a sugar cube, perhaps? :-O

dried fruit slices?
Alex

:p

As humans, we have synthesized everything we need from animals except for the omega-3 fatty acid found in fish. We do not NEED to eat animals - but i am not out to change the world, and neither is my girlfriend. We do it for ourselves, and we don't want to change your mind.
As for the vegan body builder - yes, there has been. My girlfriend isn't a body builder, but she's stronger than most meat eating people i have met. We both work out religiously in strength and cardio training. I personally am a cage-fighter when the chance arises - with a 5-1-2 record.

Good for maddox :3 i actually ahve his alphabet of manliness book in my collection.

So far, Glider ahs the best advice of fruit, but i always get fruit!

Well, I suggest you call this place up. It's in Eugene, OR so it seems like the perfect place to go.

http://www.sweetlifedesserts.com/

Says "We also offer products with no dairy, eggs, or animal products; and wheat or gluten free desserts."

Anyone should be able to make anything if you're willing to pay a little extra and call in advance. I hope this helps. Otherwise if you're able to order from online: http://www.sjaaks.com/

Better order like, now, AND have a back up plan in case they come late if you're going the online route. Paying for overnight shipping is an option.

I personally am a cage-fighter when the chance arises - with a 5-1-2 record

If I ever make it to Oregon we should have a spar. I do BJJ w/ enough dirty muay thai to get by. I almost exclusively use elbows and chokes though. What about yourself?

As for the vegan body builder - yes, there has been. My girlfriend isn't a body builder, but she's stronger than most meat eating people i have met.
I went from 140 to 185 w/ 7% bodyfat in 6 months. Try that running on nothing but veggies :D.

If I ever make it to Oregon we should have a spar. I do BJJ w/ enough dirty muay thai to get by. I almost exclusively use elbows and chokes though. What about yourself?

nice! muay Thai here, throwing mainly elbows, also use Aikido (my first martial art) somewhat successfully, though its hard concerning rules. Also employ kick-boxing and american wrestling(i am mainly a striker, but know how to sprawl out and have good take-down defense). I am envious though - you know BJJ - there is nobody here in Eugene to teach it, and i want to learn it so badly.

I went from 140 to 185 w/ 7% bodyfat in 6 months. Try that running on nothing but veggies :D.
well, i dropped from 260 to 220 in about 6 months when i first took up being a vegetarian. Now though, i'v balanced out at 230-235. I'm 6'8 by the way :3

What about a fruit bouquet? I know you always buy here fruit but it'll be special this way.

Anytime either one of you want to come to NC for a match bring it own. I don't use kicks or elbows much, but I normally win anyway. I mainly use ak-47, but for close fighting I normally use .45 cal.

I've tried a number of vegan cake-like objects and have never been impressed. Pies are the truly great vegan dessert. But why do you rule out chocolate? It can be made with unbleached sugar and doesn't have to have dairy.

I'm only about 6'. I'm not nearly as bulky as I'd like to be, but I'll get there some day.
I actually learned BJJ from a guy that was taught by Royce Gracie...needless to say it was intense. The thing I hated is he would make you spar him, and you were considered "good" if you lasted more than 10 seconds haha. One of the few good things about Lubbock is that a few of the 1048048035835 Gracies randomly come here and give seminars at the BJJ school. Muay Thai + BJJ is really unbeatable IMO. It's the best striking + the best ground work you can get ATM.

If you search around online you can find some pretty detailed BJJ instructions/vid clips for free. There was a good site I can't find now. I'll PM you tomorrow or the next day with it if I can ever find it.

Anytime either one of you want to come to NC for a match bring it own. I don't use kicks or elbows much, but I normally win anyway. I mainly use ak-47, but for close fighting I normally use .45 cal.

nyah o.o; no thanks! :0o: you have an AK though? that's really awesome. Is it full auto or semi?
And if thats the case, i go ninja tech on you with shuriken!

It's semi, It's illegal to have a full auto without the proper permits.

I only need a couple of shots anyway.

well, yeah, but nothing beats a 'pray and spray' :3

swiss cheese anyone? Errm, i mean, Swiss soilent greens? (old people may understand that one >.> )

Soylent green is made from people!

I'll have two.

Anyone who's never seen that movie is missing out on a classic!

soylent green is a great movie.

back on subject however, see if you can get ahold of some fresh figs. they are exotic, incredibly tasty, and a lot of people have never had them before.

oh, but dont buy a lot. they rot faster than hillbilly teeth.

Fresh figs aren't so exotic in the left coast states. They're probably pretty common at Eugene's weekend market. They're much more awe-inspiring in the east. Not that they're better here; just less common.

Back