What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wild weather pics

I really like wild weather photos, so when a friend of mine sent me these great pics of "weather", I thought I would share them. He did not say who took them. If any of you have weather photos, I would love to see them.
I took the last one from my balcony.
image001.jpg

image002.jpg

image003.jpg

image004.jpg

image005.jpg

image006.jpg

image007.jpg

image008.jpg

This is the one I took.
image009.jpg

Wow wow wow! I love storms! Thanks for sharing :) The one you took, is great!

When people up here in CT talk about severe weather, I tell them that they have no idea. Some of those photos look like they've made the acquaintance of photoshop along the way, but severe weather has a way of making even the real look surrealistic.

I love all those super cell storms, especially the one that has the funnel cloud. I've seen some fantastic storms such as these that made phenominal tornadoes. It's truly awe inspiring. Lauderdale- did the storm in the photo you took make a waterspout? It looks like there is some rotation activity on the water just below the storm.

Here are a few uhhh "wild weather" pics from California.

w3.sized.jpg

w2.sized.jpg

w1.sized.jpg

If you look carefully, you can see that there is a breeze blowing.. sorta. For California most of the year, this is as wild as it gets. :)

Cheers
Steve

the past week here in minnesota its been pretty crazy. for two nights in a row, at about midnight, massive thunderheads moved through with lightning hitting the ground every 10 to 15 seconds in a 5 mile radius. my local fairground was closed the next morning from lightning damage. normally i like to chill outside during these things but it was way too dangerous... plus my eyes were starting to hurt.

We get frequent dust devils when the winds are strong. People that are heading to Vegas on Hwy. 138 frequently pull over and take pictures.:-))
dustdevil.jpg

Here are some pics I took during the approch of Hurricane Ophelia a few years ago. She was an extremely slow hurricane. It took days to hit land. The the hurricane lasted a day and a half.

20211308O741808030.jpg
20211388O253945146.jpg
20211487O476015673.jpg

20211783O868679377.jpg
20211810O730628501.jpg

I took the next two pics about 5 minutes apart. I took the first one because of the color of the sky. Little did I know at the time that it was about to get even stranger.

20211899O843002388.jpg

20211900O394818387.jpg

20486856O258299204.jpg

20486929O725591964.jpg

If you would like to see the pics during and after the storm I'll have to look it up and post a link.

The storm I took the photo of never did produce a waterspout Philcula. It was about ninty degrees when I took the pic but the temp dropped at least twenty degrees as the storm moved ashore and the wind "rearranged" my patio furniture.

Nice pics Ozzy. Did you do any surfing?

This is not near as wild pic as vft guy in SJ (classic by the way man:-)) ), but it is a pic of a storm. Nothing like a field of soybeans in your backyard huh?
003-1.jpg
[/IMG]

No surfing that day. I did all my surfing in my teen years.

I wish I could have taken pictures of the storm Erin yesterday but I was asleep. (I,m a night person lol) It didn't rain as much as I thought. It didn't even leave puddles in my yard!

I love weather stuff! Especially storms and tornados. Those are some awsome photos.

Last nite was wild here. Storms moved in about 7:30. At first it just got dark and nothing was happening. Then the wind started! Stuff was flying through the air. Pecans were hitting the deck like bullets. Storms waxed and waned for the next 7 hours. There were flash flood warnings. Some lightning strikes were CLOSE! Very loud! It was quite the light show outside. Every time there was a really loud, close bang, Ollie would jump up and bark. lol Even when it sounded like it was all over...and I was starting to drift off to sleep...there would be close strikes that would wake me up and make Ollie growl.

Earlier in the evening after the first storm and after the NASC meeting, I was on the computer typing "I'd better get off the computer before I am blown off"...and ZAP! Power blinked on and off and I was booted. Luckily I never lost power totally although my TV and phone kept cutting on and off (which was odd since other stuff didn't). ???

Best thing is...we got RAIN!!! We needed it sooooooooo badly. My bogs are full...my water buckets are full...I've got free water at last! :D

The hurricane is coming should I pack up, or stay and take pics?

Obviously you should risk your life and everything you care for to get a few photos for us. Make sure you post them before the power fails in case you don't survive the storm. Good luck!

heres mine. 3 water spouts on the same day and around the same time!! this was in Sanibel Island, FL
The biggest of the 3
IMG_1222.jpg

this one almost went all the way down...but stopped and retreated
IMG_1268.jpg

and the city in this picture is Ft. Meyers. this spout was really close to it!!
IMG_1269.jpg

and....sunrise the next day with the Sanibel lighthouse to the left
IMG_1248.jpg

Alex

Love those waterspout pics. I have seen numerous ones but never got a photo.

Wow! I'd love to see a waterspout!

Back