What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My post office is annoying

NeciFiX

Kung Fu Fighting!
So,

My post office thinks it's smart to keep your office open one hour in the early morning. Apparently I need a digital signature to sign the plant over since the mailman hasn't moved his legs in fifteen years! Seriously this cursed post office feels like putting a note laying on the mailbox every single time, they go out of their way to not deliver packages. Now I can't even picture my S. 'Leah Wilkerson' by the time I get it out of the box! Well at least we got a Fall still so it should recover since S. leucophylla produces it's best pitchers in the Fall anyways... isn't it technically still Summer though? Hmm... I guess I should pay more attention to the solstices... after about 20 minutes of trying to find out when Autumn begins I noticed a full sized calendar was behind me on the floor opened to September. This is a subliminal message folks. September 23rd apparently. Yippee. Well, by the time Autumn Begins or somewhat after it might have put out it's signature traits on a pitcher or two, but we usually get snow at the end of October, sometimes not, so I'm not sure. I may have to wait 'till Spring.

Holy crap, I went from a post office to days in September. Well that's a rant for ya.

~NeciFiX

You're saying he's too lazy to go to your door, so he leaves a note saying you have to go pick it up?

File a complaint.

Yeah. I wonder how I do that lol. They usually put it in odd places when they DO deliver though, like in the neighbors yard (happened once, had to wait 10 minutes for his Rotweiler to get done on the chain), smashing it in the mailbox as best as possible, in the road, etc.

If the sender specified signature required, you aren't getting it without a signature. I've never, ever had to go pick up something because of the carrier being too lazy to bring it to the door. But some of the more conscientious carriers have looked for a shady spot to put a box marked "keep out of sun" or have given them to neighbors. The UPS guy once carried a bundle of trees around back and hoisted it over the back fence to keep it out of the sun. By the way, it's very bad Karma to speak ill of delivery people.

I don't believe that hoo-haa. Lol.

I'm still filing a complaint, they instead of coming to my door with the package and giving it to me and then signing something they either whip it in the road or tell me to walk a mile to town then walk back.

You don't believe in that hoo-haa and find yourself having to rescue packages from the road or walking a mile to fetch them from the PO. Hmmmm . . .

my mail carrier used to not even knock on the door either...he'd just stick a note in the mailbox. After I complained about 50 times, he just leaves in on the doorstep behind some bricks now, even if I forget to leave a note that says to leave it at the door. Sometimes when I put a letter in my mialbox though, it still takes him about 3 days to take it.

Mine hides boxes each time. Porch, mailbox, different address, even on some steps inside my house once!

It's always an exciting game of hide-and-seek when I get something. 8)

Mine hides boxes each time. Porch, mailbox, different address, even on some steps inside my house once!

It's always an exciting game of hide-and-seek when I get something. 8)

Hahahaha!

Apparently it's a 78 year old women who delivers. =_=

I ordered nigh on 1000 dollars worth of hardware for someone. The UPS guy didn't knock on the door... I happened to be home so when I heard the truck I went down and got the box. The tape holding the two top folds of the box was hardly holding on the the very end of the box and packing peanuts were fluttering away in the wind.

:-| It was fine this time, but what about when someone isn't home or doesn't happen to see the truck?

Good luck getting your package and plant! :)

Back