What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wasp queen

• Thread starter Ant
  • Start date
  • Tags
    fly

Ant

Your one and only pest!
p unable to fly because of bad wings, but she has a longer thorax and a fatter abdomin. She seem to be a little clusmy. Would she be a new queen or an old dieing queen? ??? Sorry no pics.

It's really hard to tell the difference between a queen and a worker. Wasps are clumsy when they walk thats why they fly most of the time.

I found a wasp building a paper nest on my balcony and I caught it and put it in those "Kritter Keeper" things. I gave it newspaper, mud, and caterpillars. It built a 1 inch nest in there and I leave the cage outside on my balcony and it comes and goes as it pleases.

Neat but if I get stung it could be fatal for me :D
Really otherwise I would be keeping bees for pollination of the mini orchard and for honey.

I am sure she was a queen. She never really had the nerve to sting too. I let her go yesterday. I will look for a pic online.

Back