What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

And to think I do this for a living.....

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
By education and vocation I am an Environmenetal Scientist / Laboratory Analyst. Pasrt of what I do is collect water samples and analyse them for Conductivity, TOC's, Nitrates, and Heavy Metals. And lately I've been gfoing to nearby Cazenovia Creek with gallon jugs to fill up with water... only not for analysis. My CP hobby needs them. So after collecting 9 water samples at work I come home and fill up 11 gallon jugs of creek water - but don't get paid for it!

So tell us; what's the conductivity of Cazenovia Creek water?

Are you in the Cazenovia area? I thought you were much further west. Or is Cazenovia creek out there?

You must like the water jimscott ! I'm lucky and have so far collected enough this summer off my metal shed roof into an old plastic lysine drum from work.

so.... you wanna get paid for creek water?

:crazy:

have your wife pay you in whatever form of payment you desire. demand paymen, i say!

So tell us; what's the conductivity of Cazenovia Creek water?

Are you in the Cazenovia area? I thought you were much further west. Or is Cazenovia creek out there?

If this were my old employer, the "mom and pop" operation in PA, they would let me run tests for free. But this place would fire me if I tried that.

I'm in East Aurora, which is about a half hour SE of Buffalo. There is a town called Cazenovia, near Syracuse(?). Not sure if the Creek and the town are directly related.

Chris: Yeah... I like the water... tropical fish, frogs,.... science (weird science - Oingo Boingo).

Back