What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The New England Carnivorous Plant Society (NECPS) will be hosting its 5th Annual Carnivorous Plant show on September 29-30, 2007. This year the Show will be located at the NEW Botanical Center at the Roger Williams Park, Providence RI.

Plant lovers and those who enjoy something different will be able to view close up hundreds of carnivorous plants, exhibited by the members of the NECPS. Nepenthes from Malaysia with pitchers the size of softballs, sundews from Australia from the size of a dime to over one foot high, Venus Fly traps of all sizes, forms and colors, and Carnivorous Plants that grow locally in New England and Rhode Island are just some of the plants that will be on display.

There will be a Venus Fly Trap feeding area where the public can watch up-close how these plants devour insects. Vendors will be on hand with plants and accessories for sale (with a discount offered to NECPS members!), along with plants offered by the NECPS. The Permanent Bog exhibit will also be available for viewing. There will also be lectures, raffles, and door prizes. Society members will be available all day to explain how the plants feed, what they eat, where they live, and how they can be grown and enjoyed at home.

To help celebrate the recent opening of the Roger Williams Park Botanical Center, admission to this year’s show will be FREE with the purchase of admission to the Gardens themselves ($3).

Date and time: Saturday, September 29, 2007, 11am-4pm AND Sunday, September 30, 2007, 10am-3pm.

Location: Botanical Center at the Roger Williams Park, 1000 Elmwood Avenue, Providence, RI, 02907. Follow directional signs located throughout the park on the days of the show.

For additional information about this exciting upcoming event, please visit www.NECPS.org or send an email to johnatthebeach@cox.net.

We look forward to seeing you there!

Ken Sicard
Secretary, NECPS

NECPSShow2007flyer.gif

oh boy! i finally got my own money.... ill have to buy a plane ticket!
Alex

All right, folks! Mark this one down on the calendars!

This show is always a blast.

And believe it or not, it's BIGGER than the ICPS show!

BUMP

I'll be there! We should all wear name tags with our terraforums screen names so we know who we are!

ah, to dream...

We should all wear name tags with our terraforums screen names so we know who we are!
im game :) except ill just paint it on a white tee :D!
Alex

Presto, thanks for posting those pic threads! Man, how much forum searching did it take for you to find those!

I actually remember taking some of those pics. I remember that truncata! Should be making an appearance this year.

bumpity bump bump

Time to bump this

Back