What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New forum *thing*!! added features!

Not to be difficult but I don't remember changing my control panel and I don't see the chat box. Maybe I did... Don't worry, I won't send you hate mail since I get enough hate mail and know what it's like!

xvart.

edit: Clint, I see the "rep" button, too; but, when you click it it doesn't do anything except say this post has not received any reputation.

Can you only rep someone if you are a member? the rep button isn't where its supposed to be.

Only mods/admin can right now.. We're only looking into this feature, it is NOT active for everyone's use currently.

Andrew, the sticky to the chatroom made by Amateur_Expert is still up on the top of the forum. Its obsolete now, just thought id mention it because i never notice it, and you might have missed it too.

xvart- really? it's gone??

Finch- thanks I'll get it gone :)

EVERYONE! Ok the problem above should be fixed! In fact now there are options for the chat in your control panel. uned "edit options" Including a turn on/ turn off switch :) And fonts and colors (I CALL DARK GREEN! :D ) So check that xvart... make sure it is turned on :)

And enjoy!!
Andrew

Last edited:
Yeah it's working. It was working after you reupdated or reallowed mods or whatever magic you did the first time. I like how there is now a link in the top green bar, too.

xvart.

Here is a bump for details on using the chatbox... since I've been asked a few times.

Hey so could the chatbox go on the new posts page too? I don't look at the forum index as much as the new posts page - that's the one I leave open in my browser. Just an idea.
~Joe

Yes, it can. I just figured that'd be "too much" notice in the top green bar (blue if you're using the ugly skin) there is "MGC Chatbox" there... If you click "View Chatbox" you can open a full page version of the chat if you want one open. I know I hate having to scroll past a line of stickies, so i figured I wouldn't wanna scroll past that chat box in ever forum. Does that work for you?

EDIT: oh, just the new post page.. not all post pages, I don't know. I'll see that should be fine if I can.

Yeah, maybe at the bottom of the new posts page, even. That way it's not obtrusive. But, you can minimize it anyways so I don't think it will be very objectionable, even at the top.

I was going to suggest moving it to the bottom, either above or below the "What's going on" section - that way you can see who is online and not try to engage someone in conversation that is no longer connected.

The drawback is probably very few people ever look down there so the may not notice the chat box at all.

Back