What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Custom ear ring

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
I had purchased a Sterling Silver lizard ear ring off ebay. My ear was sensitive to the silver and I had to use a plastic sleeve over the post and a 14K back so my ear did not become irritated.
I also wanted a gold colored lizard ear ring and I've looked around numerous times over the last year, but found nothing.
This last time looking and asking jewelery stores, one told me about a place that makes custom jewelery. They made me this lizard out of 14K gold. Turned out nice.
Now I'm wondering if a nep or ceph pitcher would turn out.

lizardearring.jpg

that's neat. now i want one of a VW.

did it take long or cost a lot?

Took around 2 weeks for him to fit it into his schedule.
Cost $60.00

That's cool! I can think of lots of things I'd have made into an earring.

like sapphires? :grin:

Stylin' - I've got a set of those myself. Probably not the same jeweler, but definitely the same design.
~Joe

that's kind of strange that you were allergic to the metal...are you sure it really was sterling silver? I have a really hard time finding earrings because I'm allergic to nickel, which is actually a fairly common allergy. I can't wear belts because the buckles make me break out in a rash. I have no problem with sterling silver, so long as it really is silver..

Back