What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Orleans - should they rebuild?

• Thread starter Finch
  • Start date
Well, then the real question is whatcha gonna do about it?

Lmao. "NO! You can't live here because you have kids! MOVE!"

Child endangerment is a criminal offense that involves the subjection of minor children to inappropriate or dangerous situations. It is not the same as child abuse, which involves direct harm to children, but carries a similar penalty in the American judicial system. If someone insists on living in a toxic waste dump they could loose their children. Even despite the health risks, that is a risk most of us would not take. Is it right, i think. slowly poisoning them, whether it be by ingestion or enviorment. One deliberate, one unintentional. But when the results are the same, what does it matter?

I fear i have strayed off topic too mcuh. If you would like to discuss it further, i would be happy to in chat or PM.

I think the government's mis-handling of the rebuilding (including the decision process on whether to rebuild) is reprehensible. Our fearless leader's priorities are more focused on dry-sandy regions beyond our boundaries....

While they struggle to rebuild the city of N.O., the government continues to support massive amounts of building in other coastal areas including barrier islands which are doomed to be annihilated. While I think it's fine for a well-off individual to build a multi-million dollar vacation retreat on the beach (environmental issues aside), I have a major issue when the inevitable storm destroys the place and my tax money is used to rebuild it (since no insurance company is stupid enough to take the idiotic risk).

Tad bit late to debate this one folks...

It's too late in that a lot of subsidized coastal development has already occurred. But not too late in that there's plenty more that can be prevented.

They should move the whole city out of there, unless they want to go through all this again in the future. Haven't enough people died down there??? They basically live in a big bowl, it makes NO sense at all.

Back