What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where to buy a TV...

Ridetsu

Gamer
So, i'v been using an old 28 inch TV i bought back in 1993... its huge! i mean.. its got junk in the trunk to say the least XD

I would like to get a flatscreen - mainly because it will conserve space. Also though, my old TV's video jack is almost burnt out and causes many problems with anything i put into it (consoles, VCR/DVD). The sound on it will flare way up suddenly, then drop back down before returning to normal (i usually just turn it off when it starts and come back later).

but uhm... yeah. I'd like to not spend over a grand on a TV... i don't want a wall mount, don't want a 52 inch TV... i'm looking for modest and functional.

Any suggestions on a brand or type / where to buy from that is a good idea?

I saw a commercial that Vizio had a 20 something inch, HD flatscreen for $400 and something.

I'll do a little research and see if I can find something for you.

wow ozzy, great links! thanks!

When ever you buy anything you should always do a shopzilla search

noted and appreciated, oh kind sage!

If you're going for a flatscreen Olevia is a GREAT brand to go for. They've got quality screens and are cheap is heck. I'm not sure about prices online, but locally I frequently see TVs in the 30 inch range for 500-600 bucks.

My biggest tip if you're going to buy a flatscreen tv is but locally if you can. That way if there's a problem, you can return it the same day and just use a bit of gas. It SUCKS having to ship back a giant box on your own dime and then wait and wait for a replacement that may be broken, too.

Good luck finding a good deal. :)

You might want to wait a couple months, earlier this year the LA Times was saying a huge price break is expected towards the end of the year on flat-screen monitors.

You might want to wait a couple months, earlier this year the LA Times was saying a huge price break is expected towards the end of the year on flat-screen monitors.

aye, i heard the same thing... but labor day sales are also going on right now. I'm thinking about going to circuit city to buy a 32 inch for 500.00 tomorrow - do you think i should wait for the possible price break, and risk it?

plus i wanna have the TV before November :3 videogames coming out in the next couple months will be epic, and i want a good TV to enjoy them on XD

Back