What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tri-Colored-Neon-House.

NeciFiX

Kung Fu Fighting!
Indeed,

My mom is planning on getting a Neon Yellow house with Neon Orange and Neon Red siding. If this goes through, I will stop at no lengths to add the first ringtone named "Sexy Panda" seen here: http://mediocrefilms.mstore.xingtone.com/ as doorbell music. Welcome to the Tri-Colored-Neon-House with carnivorous plants on the porch and a doorbell that sings about Sexy Pandas!

...SIGH, my family is nuts.

~NeciFiX

Ask her to consider the legal ramifications of mugging people's retinas

The damages from blinded motorists can be high...

She is buying this house that is already colored this way? Are there plans to make it... less... obnoxious? Or is the coloring part of the appeal?

xvart.

No, it was a nice normal light yellow but now she's getting it painted this way.

hahaha that's awesome! My parents are boring people that are into cohousing and read books like the not so big house. And forget the doorbell ring about sexy pandas.

???

Make sure it's not against any neighborhood ordinances... some towns have laws about the outside appearance of homes. It would suck to have to pay a fine and repaint after getting the whole house done.
~Joe

Thats right those stogy neighborhoods where the residents tut-tut your wildflower garden or are dismayed the forsythia is not pruned into a gumdrop even though it ruins their natural arching.

A place of fantasy lollipop-shaped trees and purple leaved shrubs and such. Those places where they are neurotic about their lawns, and think poorly of you because you have a GASP MOSS lawn in your shady spots, where grass wont grow, where atleast its green and not patchy , that also would make your neighbors dismayed. Where the man across the street trims the stray grass strands with Scissors after he mowed the lawn.

THE LAWN CONTAINS 2 SPECIES OF GRASS, LIVE WITH IT!!
*pant*
*pant*

What were we talking about again?

While all their chemicals are killing our wetlands. I would never live in a place that had rules about how your house had to be. I hang my rebel flag and park abandoned cars in my yard just to piss them off.

A man from Puerto Rico bought a house 3 miles from here and painted it orange, yellow and green. Not neon, but a great tropical look. A woman from an upscale suburb wrote to the paper complaining about it, but plenty of others love it. A family several blocks from here painted their house bright pink with deep pink trim. It looked great, especially in comparison to the sort of harvest gold color it used to be. I was talking with one of the owners shortly after the transformation and she said 1/2 the people complained about it and the other 1/2 loved it. They've moved and the new owners have repainted it to be boring again.

A man from Puerto Rico bought a house 3 miles from here and painted it orange, yellow and green. Not neon, but a great tropical look. A woman from an upscale suburb wrote to the paper complaining about it, but plenty of others love it. A family several blocks from here painted their house bright pink with deep pink trim. It looked great, especially in comparison to the sort of harvest gold color it used to be. I was talking with one of the owners shortly after the transformation and she said 1/2 the people complained about it and the other 1/2 loved it. They've moved and the new owners have repainted it to be boring again.

Lmao, the only time we've conversed with our neighbors is twice, once when the cable went off and we had to talk to them, the second was when this guy randomly walked through our yard and goes "Hi I'm Tim Johnson!" or something like that and he keeps walking through it, through our neighbors yard and keeps going. Weird...

pics, please.

maybe i'll get some ideas. neon colors, huh? can you post a pic?

OZZY THE WARS OVER, AND THE SOUTH LOST!

lol, thats like that one punk band (the sex pistols, or the clash i dont remember) that used to wear shwasticas on their arms just because it pissed people off.

Back