What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The new Gallery! HOST YOUR CP PICTURES!

then your guy's browsers are referring to the old page... go back to the page hold CTRL and press R.

You can see my advertisement is working on the home page of this forum right? if the image is not showing, then you need to do the same hold CTRL press R there also. Cause that is hosted at the cpforums.org site...

Andrew

I did that repeatedly before posting. Nada. I just tried it in Opera which I have set to clear all caches when closing the browser - I get a server not found warning.

And all the advert sez is "flytrapshop.com advertisment".

But if you recently made changes to the domain registration of the server address it can take up to 72 hours to catch up through out the web.

well, that's just weird.. I'm on a computer that's never been to either site.. and everything is working fine.

You guys can't see this??

S_x_Readii_front.jpg

CTRL + R? Pshh....F5 dawg
And I can see that pic

Plus, I've had 2 registrations today... So it's gotta be working :) (Welcome to Cindy and Jefforever :p ) Isn't f5 the "normal" refresh and not a forced refresh?? I'm pretty sure but could be wrong.. :)

Edit: and MoonFlower

yes, the normal "refresh" or just going back to a page recalls some inforation from the page and some information it pulls from your computer (like what's stored in cookies and such) So when there are major changes, like if back when i changed the buttons here, you would not see the change for a while under normal refreshes... but under the forced refresh i mention above, it forces your browser to recall ALL the information of that page and so you get everything exactly as it can be.

As time goes by, this is getting less and less popular, but it was used ALOT back in the dial up days.. to make your internet go "faster" (that's what alot of those "dial up speed boosters" did too.. they just store the pages on your computer or at least most of the information, then when you went back to that page it would pull some from your computer and only what it expected to be new from the site....

Hope that makes sense. lol

OPPS hold CTRL and SHIFT and press R

That's better haha (I just got my replacement mother board in and am trying to get everything installed on the new computer.. so i'm a little boggled right now. Sorry.

do refresh and see how long it takes the page to load. Then do the above ctrl+shift press r and see how much longer it takes. Watch the bottom of your screen and you'll see it load a lot more stuff. You'll see all the quote quote+ reply everything load up.. unlike usual. (unless you have your browser set to store nothing... then it might do this everytime already... i dunno)

Andrew

Ok, it's working now. As I said earlier, it probably just took time for the name server info to propagate throughout the Internet.

One quick way to check that is to type the servier IP address into the browser (if you have it) versus the domain url. If the ip address connects and not the domain url then it's a name server problem.

Since Andrew confirmed the server was indeed up and running and the domain registration up to date it wasn't worth my time to lookup the IP address when it was just a matter of time.

Back