What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has this every happened to anybody else?

• Thread starter ktulu
  • Start date
this may sound like a joke but im quite serious in all of this.

Jehovah's witnesses come around my house about once a month, because there are 3 churches or whatever they call them nearby. i got sick of them one day so i opened the door and used their persistence against them.

i asked them if they could wait a few minutes while i go check on something in the oven, all the while sounding very interested.

i close the door. and wait 10 minutes. i went upstairs to a window to see if they were still there, and of course they were. i gave them a few more minutes, say 5 to 7, and then went around to my back door and let my 3 dogs outside. one is a basset hound/rottweiler mix, the next is a rather large cocker, and the last is a small rat terrier. now, all my dogs are completely harmless, but the beauty of this is that of course the jehovas witnesses dont know this. so as my 3 dogs barrel around the side of my house i delight in the sounds of the witnesses screaming their butts off and booking for the front gate.

one of them lost their weird backpack in my yard. came back for it a few hours later. i kindly handed it to the young man who gave me a very nasty look and slammed my front gate rather hard.

but all that aside, i would call the police regarding the trying to open the door. really they commited no crime, but all the better to make a big deal of it, it might show them that you really dont take kindly to their actions

I would've done something like adnedarn did. I would've went "YOU'VE CONVERTED ME!" and started dancing with them and wasting their time. It'd be quite funny. I've never lived in a big place so I've never had anyone try to come and "convert us". I really want soliciters, I'd LOVE that! It'd be AWESOME for them to come to my house once in awhile, I'd piss them off. The closest I've had is some guy with a mustache, balding on the head but still some hair, and he walks up my driveway, straight through my yard, and waves and goes, "Hi! I'm Tom Johnson!" or something like that, I was watering my CPs and I just slowly wave as he keeps casually walking through my yard then through the neighbors and keeps going.

Back