What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Say What?

I was talking about water today at work and somehow ended up talking about getting my purified water at a dispensing machine outside of a drugstore and added that I never drink it. My coworker was surprised so I added "it is for my plants." The conversation then proceeded something like this:

her-what kind of plants?
me-carnivorous!
her-oh yeah? My neighbors have some. There were four plants growing in the driveway.
me-....(a bit confused)
her-they moved away. They are where they used to stand outside and smoke their joints and just toss them there.
me-....(not sure of what the heck she's talking about)
her-two are gone. I asked my son if he took them and he was annoyed with me.
me-No, I said carnivorous, NOT CANNABIS!
her-OOOOOOH!!!!!!!!

They do share a striking resemblance. Some nice flowers, though. What a funny conversation. I would've never made the connection that quickly, lol.

xvart.

I wonder how many kids in the neighborhood smoked cleome and thought they were high.

I had a feeling that she was on the wrong path but just couldn't pick up where she was until she said her son was annoyed that she thought that he took it. That plus the comment about it growing where her neighbors smoked their reefer.

She didn't seem at all surprised that somebody would be growing it though! She claims that in her neighborhood it probably wouldn't be out of place.

My neighbor said that his wife thought that I was growing some! I guess the glow of florescent lights from my back room at night does indeed look as suspicious as I thought that it would. It probably doesn't help that it is coming out of a closet!

Back