What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goshdarnit I just have to stay out of Lowe's ;)

Hey :)

Geez i haven't been on in forever.... between crazy classes and crazier vet school applications (do NOT take 16 credits while simultaneously filling out 2 massive 20-page applications and all their associated forms) my poor plants are lucky they get any attention at all ;) but i had to show off my new baby.... i drove up to petco to pick up a good two months of supplies for my very spoiled rodent, and since it's such a haul to get up there (40 minutes, yuck) i figured, hey, let's wander into lowe's and see if they have some orchid fertilizer, i could use some more... bad idea. they had $6 starter orchids. i cannot resist a $6 starter orchid. here she is now, poor thing has almost no roots but there are a couple of new ones forming, hopefully i can do away with the brace in a few weeks.

Slc. India Rose Sherwood 'Kilani' (Cattleya type)
cattelya_9-14-07.jpg

and here's what i'll supposedly get someday- just the link, it's a big file:
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/7747/1191/1600/Slc India Rose Sherwood 2.0.jpg

plant addictions... so bad ;)

I know what you mean! If I go into a Lowe's or a Home Depot it's almost a guarantee that I'll walk out with a plant of some kind, whether it be an orchid, a fern or something carnivorous.

In fact, just yesterday I went to Home Depot to get new ear protection for drum lessons and I came out with a Nepenthes rafflesiana.

It's getting on Halloween. HD and the like start stocking up the CPs for "the horror... the horror..."

Whenever I go upstairs to go to the bathroom or something I get distracted by my neps and forget all about it.

Back