What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone keeping Leaf Tail Geckos?

Hey folks, I've been cruising the web for reptile info since finding the anole and if I get the large epiphyte wall unit setup I thought it would be great to get a pair of Uroplatus phantasticus or "Satanic Leaf Tailed Geckos":
28-SM071-1-225.jpg

Not my photo obviously but it's cool lookin lizard with an evil smile! They are a montane species from Madagascar only reaching about 5-6 inches long. So they would be great for a large epiphyte terrarium since they don't like it warmer than 80*F and neither did my highland plants (with a drop in temp at night).

Is anyone here keeping these or other Uroplatus species? The web makes them appear easy if you can provide the cool/humid environment, which I have done in the past for HL Neps.

oh my...he is handsome! :love:

I've always wanted one. I think they are so great.

If you ever breed them, please remember me.

What a magnificent lizard! I don't keep them but now that I've seen a picture I'll have to add this species to my "Someday when I have the time and the money" list.

What a magnificent lizard! I don't keep them but now that I've seen a picture I'll have to add this species to my "Someday when I have the time and the money" list.

Beautiful! I'll have to add this to my "someday when I'm no longer married" list... lol.

xvart.

Someone on kingsnake.com (the ebay for terrarium critters) has one juvie male available but I'm not setup and I'd definately want a lady or two to go with him.

I have a buddy who has one of the larger species. I can talk to him about possible sources and care if you like. As soon as he gets back in the country that is.

Back