What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Font hunt 2007

I decided to install some cool fonts on my PC since all I have are generic typestyles nothing cool and interesting. Well, I've tried to install all of my font disks and all of them say "the file type on the CD is valid but not for this machine". My CD Roms are old (1994-1998 maybe?) but my PC is pretty new (built in june).

So my question is do I have to throw away all these font disks with my fave fonts on them or is there some way to get at the fonts? I still have my old PC (which I could add the fonts to from these disks). So, could I install the fonts on that PC, burn a CD of the fonts in the windows font directory and then install them on this new PC as a drag/drop operation in windows explorer? Will that work? Has anyone ever tried such a thing?

Edit: It's the font viewer programs on the CD Roms that won't install, this new PC still uses True Type fonts like the ones trapped on the disks

Nobody?

Well anyway, I had the time tonight so I went through and saved every interesting typeface I had off my old font disks and saved them to a CD R and did the file switcharoo in Windows explorer and it worked so I have all the best fonts and didn't have to buy new disks. So if anyone is wondering, it can be done!

Back