What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toilte Paper

Which way is the proper way to hang toilet paper

tongue out ward?
or
tongue Inward?

Just curious, cause i was in the bathroom wondering today.

It don't matter. It's a matter of preference. If you ever do housekeeping for a living, you hang it with the tongue out so you can put the cute little fold on the end so the next guest to use it doesn't have to fish for the end of the TP.

Careful in how you respond...this is a sneaky personality test that can reveal great insights about one's psychological makeup... :jester:

Then what does it mean if I'm too lazy to hang it at all? My TP usually just sits on the back of the toilet.

I've got a hanger, I just don't use it lol

Then what does it mean if I'm too lazy to hang it at all? My TP usually just sits on the back of the toilet.

I've got a hanger, I just don't use it lol

I'm am equally guilty here. Growing up my dad would always yell at me when he came upstairs and I didn't have the toilet paper on the roll. I kept saying, "dad, I'm the only person to ever use this bathroom!"

xvart.

lol

I reall dont pay attention to which way it goes on, i just put it on.

i always thought is was a "guy" thing to hang is so it rolls off the front, and a "girl" thing to have it roll of the back. dunno why i think/thought that though...

its gotta be "underhand" fashion! Its so much easier to rip it off that way

I always thought it should be hung so that the paper comes down from the back. And naturally, my wife takes the opposite stance. In the grand scheme of life......

The spirit of Ann Landers lives on.

See what I mean...personality comes thru in this sneaky little test... I'm an over the topper myself.

Now here's the follow up question...does it bother you enough, when you encounter the over/under opposite of your preference, that you change it to match your preference? :scratch:

am i the only one who finds the hanging part of toilet paper referred to as the "tongue" deeply disturbing?

If this was a different forum i would say something about leafy greens arranged with some salad dressing, and putting it in a bowl and taking to large spoons and getting the dressing on all the salad.

But, it was just a way to aid people in what I meant. And to hopefully to sound educated and ad some class to the question.

I don't think you can have class when talking about that lmao

Now here's the follow up question...does it bother you enough, when you encounter the over/under opposite of your preference, that you change it to match your preference? :scratch:

YES! I know, it's :crazy: , but when my husband puts it on the "wrong" way, I change it :-D I prefer the paper to be hanging in the front.

As long as there's toilet paper in the bathroom to begin with, I'm happy. :)

I'm with joosa. If the kids would just change the dumb thing when they use it up instead of leaving it for the next, unsuspecting fool..... who doesn't discover it or even think about it until it's too late....

I'm with joosa. If the kids would just change the dumb thing when they use it up instead of leaving it for the next, unsuspecting fool..... who doesn't discover it or even think about it until it's too late....

You sound just like my dad!

xvart.

To me, it only makes sense to have it hang OVER where you can easily reach it. I don't understand the other way. ???

Back