What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats with this Halo thing

• Thread starter Finch
  • Start date

Finch

Whats it to ya?
I mean its HUUGEEE. Really big, it seems like everyone plays it. The dorm has halo tournaments with prizes, within floors and between halls. Some people here spend most of their waking hours playing it, especially last year, but a bit with this year. Some say it is their life!

Now halo 3 is out. I guess they called the night before “all halo’s eve” or something. Whaa?

I have played it and I don’t understand why it is so big, I don’t see anything really special about this game, or what about it has attracted so many… devoted fans. Some are very nasty if they think you are dissing anything related to the game.

I honestly think its almost all hype, but what do you people think?

Its a fun game, but Its not that exciting. Though I can kind of under stand how it got so big, The X-BOX live, is what threw it into the spot light more so, Playing against 30 people that are all awesome, or just playing with some friends leisurely.

It is easy to play, but it takes training and skill to be very good. The player vs player (PvP) is fantastic. I used to play a game called Marathon by Bungie, who also make Halo.

You can do team PvP, team vehicles, maps, strategy, good graphics, the list goes on.

My awesome history teacher is in love with Halo 3. He went to the mall to get it at midnight and stayed up till two playing it so he was very tired today.:-))

I don't personally play the game, but I've heard its fun.

I spent a good portion of my senior year playing Halo 2. I'm not really into FPSs as a general rule, but Halo is strangely addictive.

yea. one of my friends got his last night. he got the "Legendary" package. it comes with a helmet or something...hes been up since he got it and literally ran home today just to play it. i dont have a 360...let alone the original Xbox so im not really crazy about halo.
Alex

I'll make a note never to get an xbox or any form of halo. Why waste your time playing video games when you could be staring at Nepenthes?

Nepenthes can't shoot alien parasites. Duh.

I'm crossing my fingers for a PS3 for Xmas. Sure, it doesn't have Halo but it makes up for it with the new FFXIII trilogy that's gonna come out. And the new GTA game! Dunno if Xbox gets GTA, though. Probably.

The original Halo was a fantastic game. It was so much fun and truly revolutionary in terms of FPS. The levels were so big and some the multiplayer levels were unbelievable. Hang 'em High is probably the best multiplayer map ever made - Nay! - it is the best multiplayer map that will ever be made.

Sure, it doesn't have Halo but it makes up for it with the new FFXIII trilogy that's gonna come out.

Trilogy?!

xvart.

Yep. FFXIII will be for the PS3, FF Versus XIII will be for the PS3, and FF Agito XIII will be a mobile phone game (sounds like it'll suck if it's for a phone :( ) but it'll prolly come out on the PSP, too.

So I guess 2/3rds of a trilogy. I hope these aren't the last FF games. Nothing can or ever will beat FFVII though. FFVIII was a close second but all RPG's suck compared to FFVII!

dude...halo rocks. Something about that game is just tooo much fun. I thought it was overrated before playing halo1. But, after it..I consider it among the best games of all time even better than half life 2 or so on. Halo is an instant classic. :D I can't wait to get the collectables of master chief from macfarlane toys which comes out next yr. ;) Master chief on my desk... :D

Halo and Halo2 were fun, but nothing special, IMO. I haven't played much in the past year... I'm still waiting for Resident Evil 5.

My roommate has a 360 and we bought halo 3 the day it came out. I had played the others before, but only a little bit. All I can really say is that it's way overhyped. The only reason it got big is because most people didn't have good computers to play the good games. It's like Goldeneye for the N64. People who didn't have computers back then were addicted to the game. People with decent computers know FPS's are best on comps though. Half-Life 1 & 2, Counterstrike, Quake, Unreal, etc. were all much better games but only a select few played them at the time. The online capability was also around much longer for computers, and you have more customizable features with a computer.

Mouse & Keyboard > Xbox Controller

Yeah, forget that Halo nonsense! Hellgate: London for the PC!!!! PM me for beta test invites.

Capslock

well...I guess each to his own eh? :p .. I personally hate hellgate by all the footage I have seen. Just doesn't seem too enticing for me. If anything...I can't wait for gears for PC. ;)

Wait, from all the footage you've seen?? There's no need for speculation! Play it! Decide for yourself! PM me an email addy and I'll get you in.

Capslock

From what I have seen HellGate rocks!Either you like FPS games or you don't.I like Counter Strike,Quack,Unreal and games such as those.

Jerry

There's no denying that the Halo games are really well made, and I applaud Bungie's success, but there's also no denying that the Halo games are overhyped. I own the first two and I've had my share of good times with them, especially online with the sequel, but they're not the "messiahs" people make them out to be.

I'm not too sure what has propelled this particular FPS to the top - accessibility perhaps? Pick-up-and-play mechanics? I have no clue, but the series is huge. I'll be buying a copy of Halo 3 soon enough, but I tend to shy away from the behemoth games. I prefer the good but lesser known game series so I can have them all to myself!

Maybe that's why the Dreamcast remains my all-time favorite game console.

Yeah, forget that Halo nonsense! Hellgate: London for the PC!!!! PM me for beta test invites.
Capslock

Hellgate: London is the best game I have ever played, and I have only played/tested the game up to beta so far. I am glad you and the rest of Flagship Studios put so much into the game. I have already per-ordered the collection's edition and I am excited that it will be released next month.

I completely prefer Hellgate: London over Halo.

I bought halo3, (insurance money rocks?)

Spent all night last night playing it with my friends, no doubt that Its fun to play with friends, with games like King of the hill, and Infection. I dont think im going to get the xbox live (well i might at least until the free subscription is over not sure how it works). but its fun i just cant get into playing games by my self. My friends talking about getting his 360 hooked up at my house and inviting more people over.

Dont know when I agreed to this, sounds like to much work to me. ???

Back