What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Garden selected for 2008 Garden Tour

pedersonplants

The Obsessive Gardener
Hi:

I haven't been on much lately. Really struggled with my plants this year thanks to the drought. Every storm seemed to miss mid-Michigan and went North or South of us. Had to take all cps except my pitcher plants inside because I couldn't keep them moist enough outside.

Just a couple of weeks ago some ladies from our Garden Club of Greater Lansing (Michigan)--part of the National Garden Club--came to check out my gardens because they had heard it was different than most Lansing gardens.

They saw my miniature shrubs and small trees that grow year-round in containers. They checked out my traditional shrub border and my newly rebuilt raised shade garden. They also saw the start of a MINIATURE BOG GARDEN in a container.

This afternoon I got the call I dreamed about--I was selected for the July 2008 annual garden tour. They only select a few gardens to visit each year and you don't have to be a club member to qualify (although I am a member).

I am so psyched after this. It sure motivates you to get everything just perfect when you know around 30-40 gardeners will be coming to your house!

One of the things they will see next year is pitcher plants growing out in the full sun in a self-watering rectangular container. It will be fun introducing them to things you can do EVEN WHEN YOU GARDEN SITTING ON A WALKER.

Last edited:
Congratulations! I bet that is exciting!Just don't scare them away with those Man eating...I mean Carnivorous plants! LOL

Jerry

Back