What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how many people here have seen a UFO?

losfreddy

Composter
Let me start with my story., about a year ago this time of year (late October, early November 2006) i became a witness to a strange object over the skies of Katy in Texas. Actually i saw the thing twice in the same day. The 2nd sighting was most significant. The first sighting, i wasn't sure what i was looking at. It was a clear bright sunny day around noonish, i was traveling up Hwy 99 and noticed something very shinny in the sky. I was looking at it wondering what it was. The light changed and i made my turn onto the Katy Freeway and when i looked back at the sky it was gone. So anyways, i went and picked up my friend and we rendezvoued over to the next town, Patterson, via the back roads. He wasn't home. And on the way back, my friend and I were cruising with the top on my Jeep down, when, right in front of us, this object comes out from the side of our view in the field right front us. Maybe 50 feet above the ground over a cow field. The object was disk shaped, bright and very big! i often compare a plane to being the size of your pinky nail when you extend your hand in front of your face. Well, this thing was the size of your thumb. For a good 30 seconds or so my friend and i watched this object in front of us all the while asking eachother what it was. It came from the left side of our view, stopped over some tree directly in front of us. It hovered for a few seconds., then right in front of our eyes vanished. Was definitely a strange sighting. Even more strange was when we made it back into town, we could see military helicopters flying over the Katy high school doing wild tail spins and maneuvers. To this day, there has been no explanation to what it was we saw in the sky that day over Katy. My friend and I seem to be the only people who saw it. I wish to know if anybody else saw that object that day and could back up our claim. And i still wounder about what i saw with a vivid picture still in my head.

I wish! I totally believe in intelligent aliens though. I think the government keeps them secret because it would ruin religion for a lot of closed minded people. I don't think it's some conspiracy like other people do, however.

I further like to add that I've gained a reputation of looking up at the sky more often to others. I can tell you where most of the main Constellations are by memory. I think most people would be surprised at the things they may see if they Just look up. This is a great and aww inspiring universe we live in. To say that the possibly of life out there is false is definitely and understatement in this guys view. Maybe not proven, but not impossible. I'm sure I'm not the only person to have seen something strange in the sky. So lets hear your stories. What kinda strange things have you seen in the sky?

I think most if not all "UFOs" are secret government programs. I'm not one for conspiracy theories, and I'm definitely not saying it is one. I'm just saying I think some of not all those things taht can't be explained are just experimental craft that they can't/don't want to release information for. I think those kinds of things are possible with our current technology (its been rumored even the Nazis had "UFOs"), but I'm sure there are only a handful of them, as they would probably each cost in the 10s of billions, especially including R&D.

I'm totally ready for intelligent and NICE aliens, not ones that are going to eat or enslave us. Some people seem to think that we are definitely the only 'intelligent' life in the unvierse...those people aren't ready for the world and need to go back into their closets and hide :D

UFO.gif

“I want to believe…”

further indication of the moonshine industy.... :-P-:

I saw darth vader on a shroom trip once. Does that count?

I saw one in the mountains once. I was watching the stars with a friend of mine who is an astronomer, and went to make a comment about how the turning of the sky seemed to be more apparent at higher altitude when I noticed that the star I was watching was moving faster than all the other stars around it. Not only that, it was moving in an irregular path. We watched it go back and forth (without any apparent turning - coming to a dead stop and then traveling back in the opposite direction) for several minutes, then execute a series of ninety-degree turns, and several other maneuvers. After studying it for several minutes, we could tell that it was much closer than stars, probably a mile up at least and several miles away. We stopped at several vantage points on the way home that evening and observed whatever it was making the same agile, angular maneuvers from each view. Both my companion and I are well-read and knowledgeable in the sciences, and neither of us knew of any publicly available technology that would explain the types of movements we observed. Whatever it was, I definitely wouldn't hesitate to call it an, 'unidentified flying object.'
~Joe

no, but i want to!

it's mathmatically impossible for their to be NO intelligent life in the universe. if the universe is infinant, well, i dont want to go into the details, but if the universe is infinante, than there are infinant worlds, and basically it is impossible for there to be no intelligent life forms. Or we are a complete and total anomaly i.e. 1 in infinanty.

Either that, or we dont exist and this is just some intelligent life forms' dream/imagination. Complex stuff.

i dont think the gov't has any cover-ups or anything like that that has to do with aliens. I think the "mysterious" things are all bad mishapps in new technologies of the time.

i think 99.99% if not more of the UFOs seen are "from this earth". Just more gov't testing.

Give it ~25 years or so, and they will deveue the first mach 17 trillion fighter...

I have seen something in the sky that I could not identify and it appeared to be flying so does that qualify? It appears during certain times of the year and changes places each night over the bay. Perhaps a satellite?

Sounds like one to me. They blink sometimes too - they used to always creep me out.
~Joe

This didn't blink for me... its like a ... plus sign in the sky with little rings around the 4 "arms" of the plus sign. I took a pic of it and it looks like one of the "arms" split off of it as a little ball of light but it was probably just a shakey camera.... or was it *do de do de doo doo* (X Files theme)

My mother claims to have had some experiences. Her and my grandmother both believe they saw the same weird lights on the same night some years ago even though they live about 20 miles from each other. I was a teenager at the time but sleeping I scolded her for not waking me. My mom also said she had an incident of the car being bathed in light from above back when she was driving home from work in the 50's. She's also told me of strange lights in the sky that descended and followed her through Nevada desert when she and my dad were visiting his sister in the 1970s. She woke my dad up as the lights went back up, she made his stay awake the rest of the trip.

I really like the idea of aliens coming here and I've wanted to see a UFO or be abducted by aliens since reading Communion long ago when I was a kid. I've never been arfraid of the idea, I'm fascinated by it, I mean, what a time to learn by talking with the aliens, inbetween the anal probings! ;)

But the more rational side of me truly believes the UFO phenomenon is all spy stuff run by the US government, and that's much scarier!

It was a lunar eclipse over Osceola, Wisconsin in 2004. My brother and I had a habit of going outside when they happened, I went alone to the quiet rail road tracks up this side of a hill next to a barren DQ parking lot, my brother worked at the DQ but, was at his dads, so, a friend of his from DQ named Steph went up the tracks to watch. After awhile, she left, I sat on the tracks and just stared at the lunar eclipse and the stars. I saw something zinging around in the star area but it was only visible for like a tenth of a second when it went over a star. It then went in front of the moon and was disk shaped and rotating with orange and blue lights, it looked quite large in comparison to the moon, or it was just close. It stayed there for a good few minutes, I was in awe, it did some odd, quick maneuvers around the moon and shot off into the "star zone" again, a few stars blinked as they were covered up for a moment as it passed. I kept staring and I heard a ruffle in the bushes, I thought it was aliens so I ran for dear God, I'm sure it was just a rodent or a small mammal that made that sound but I'm pretty sure what I saw in the sky.

My mom had a similar experience when she was around my age, in a field near her farm a UFO touched down very silently, a month later it came back, she went over with her horse the next day to investigate and found a crop circle, the horse cried and booked it as they got close, the UFO never came back to my knowledge.

I read communion... GOD that book SCARED ME!!!! I thought some wierd alien was going to walk through the bedroom door... These are creepy stories. I hope they're true. EdaxFlamma, do you have that pic of the wierd plus thing?

I 'll try and upload it. It was taken with a 35mm so I've got to find the original. I just have a bad printer paper copy but if need be I'll just scan that in.

Maybe at one point in time all of your guys brains were producing just a LITTLE more DMT than usual?

lol. Jk,

But yea ive seen UFO's. Ive seen a couple, One time I saw 3 sets of Three Lights traveling in the same direction, which at the time was Towards me on the high way. they weren't all one UFO, their were definetaly multiple ones. Another time I saw the same patern only 1 set of three lights 2 weeks before.

That was recently, 3 years ago I saw a light traveling at break neck speeds stoping and making sharp turns and such.

Fascinating! I've never seen anything like that. Just a couple of satellites. It IS very interesting to hear these stories from "normal" people (y'all ARE normal aren't ya?? :D).

I dont know pak define normal? Can you be normal and grow carnivorous plants? LOL

I think there's other life out there somewhere but I do not believe they have been here yet.

I think most of what people see are military stuff, astronomical, balloons, birds in formation, etc. IMHO there is no tangible, viable proof that we've been visited.

Back