What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Easiest growing plant

johnnyfrye

I like drosera.
What is the easiest to grow plant out there? And if it's the cape sundew, then what's the second easiest to grow?:water:

Seriously, most of the common Sarracenias are "easy" if you treat them correctly.

Most tropical/sub/tropical rosetted sundews are also pretty darn easy to grow, and for low light situations nothing beats D.adelae (D.prolifera seems just a wee bit trickier)

N.ventricosa is also easy

Most of the "common" (think P.moraneisis) Mexican Pings are easy enough

What Carl said and D. spatulata and most pygmy sundews and...

All Sarrs are easy; same with temperate dews. My only problem with them is that they drink a lot of water.:gulp:

dudes...comeon.... capensis is a freaking cockroach. Inside...outside...less light...excess light....this thing is indestructable.

N. Ventrata grows like a weed. I had it on the tray method in crummy garden soil on a shady swedish windowsill and it actually made a few pitchers before passing away!
Dat vuz 5 yeerz ago, vehn I vus a STEWPID newbie.

I still am a newbie, but not a STEWPID newbie.

the easiest are prolly the hybrid Mexi Pings like 'Aphrodite' or 'John Rizzi'..............thats if your not counting the cockroach, capensis though i have managed to kill them......

the easiest are prolly the hybrid Mexi Pings like 'Aphrodite' or 'John Rizzi'..............thats if your not counting the cockroach, capensis though i have managed to kill them......

You KILL them?!??! THAT'S HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!:lac: :cuss: :thumbdown: :rant: :angry:

You KILL them?!??! THAT'S HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!:lac: :cuss: :thumbdown: :rant: :angry:

well...its one of the greatest accomplishments of growing CPs! haha!

my easiest grower has to be either my Cephalotus or N. sanguinea....i know...yes i said my Ceph. i really dont do ANYTHING to it other than give it water. it catches food and grows great without any babying at all.

Alex

if yah grow enough CP's for long enough you kill alot of plants.............apparently a large south facing picture window bakes D. capensis during the summer up here........however my Mexi pings are happy as can be.......aswell as the N. ventricosa seedlings oddly enough

D. capensis always seems to fry and die during the summer here.

They really can't take the heat.

#1 easiest for me would be D. burmanii followed by D. spatulata. Flytraps and Sarracenia are easy here too.

I could've sworn I responded to this thread. Thorelii x truncata. Keep it warm and thats it

Back