What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

heart attack

• Thread starter huy716
  • Start date
Hi all,

I thought i would share this vital information because there are a lot people dies from heart attack. I have seen sad stories from the hospital.

http://www.slideshare.net/Penny_oz/heart-attack

After viewing please tell your family members, especially old ones.

Jeff

This is largely an interesting fact that's turned into an urban myth. Coughing sharply and deeply can sometimes affect the vagus nerve, which helps moderate your heart beat. It's been said that a good one-time cough can regulate an out-of-step beat, often associated with or occurring just before a heart attack.

However, it's not considered an effective method for stopping a heart attack. Check out www.snopes.com to investigate this myth and others.

The best treatment during an attack is to chew 4 or 5 aspirin tablets quickly apparently.

Alexis,

Aspirin is not a treatment for heart attack, but one of the prevention for heart attack. Aspirin is a blood thinner. When you have a heart attack is when you heart muscle is weak or have a clots and it can't get blood to the cells. You have to have medical emergency (call 911) when you have a heart attack, but this is simply a way of prolongation for the paramedic to get there. You are right, they will give you aspirin to prevent blood clots. The most important thing to remember during a heart attack is that your heart muscle needs oxygen to maintain the tissue's life. No matter what you do during a heart attack, your heart will have damages depending how long you seek help. The time window is within 90 min of a heart attack.

Jeff

Back