Likes Likes:  0
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: San Francisco considers injection room

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also think that it could be used by some as treatment since being in a supervised facility is more productive to progress towards treatment instead of an environment where the user is surrounded by other users where it would be increasing more difficult to make progress.

Again, I think that would be a very small minority but I think it is a viable option considering the alternative methods of seeking treatment. If anything, a controlled facility may make the user more comfortable in facilities and more open to stronger drug addiction treatment facilities since I would imagine that could be a scary environment.

xvart.

edit: Rattler, I agree that finding funding for a program of this nature would be difficult and at least in preliminary stages should not be publicly funded by tax dollars. If there were significant and measurable outcomes then I think it might be more acceptable for tax dollars from particular communities where the facilities are.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    getting used to and living on government hand outs is how most(and i do mean most and not all) these ppl get where they are....cant see how more guberment beurocracy can help......if you like the plan donate funds to the cause......guberment checks are already paying for alot of the drugs....cant like finanacing both ends of it out of my tax dollars..... one is bad enough, both is idiotic.....either pay for the drugs or pay for the help treating it, not both........better plan would be legalize the damn stuff......take away the DEA's funding and apply it to the programs.....i might could go for that idea.....prolly lower my taxes at the same time.......
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789