What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CP Art

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
Today at work I found some books on a table in an office. I picked up one of the and I opened it to a random page. Here is the pic I saw.

ikf0102_n.jpg

You can see a close up of this at http://isabellakirkland.com/descendant.htm

The first thing that caught my eye was the sarracenia . It's a Sarracenia rubra jonesii.

Then I saw the Nepenthe, then the Byblis and VFT. I spent about 20 mins looking at this pic.

When I got home I researched Isabella Kirkland and I found this painting is one of a series, an awesome series. You can take a look at the others in the series at

http://isabellakirkland.com/index.html

This is great! What a great way to showcase these things. And in the beauty of a pictures itself, a great argument for conservation. Thanks for sharing.

Wow. What an artist AND person who cares about plants and animals.

You ARE a renaissance man...you like ART! :D (I did notice there is a snake in the pic too0.

Thanks for the link...that's really amazing. I love the orchids too.

best art i've seen in a while!
thanks for posting!

renaissance man

NEVER I think almost all art is so *#%. I edited the word out to not offend some people here. I just think this art is really nice.

lol You LIKED artwork. That makes you appreciative of fine art which means you are a renaissance man. A renaissance man who wrecks trains and gets in trouble all the time. lol

Just because I like one painting does not mean I like art.

When I got home I researched Isabella Kirkland and I found this painting is one of a series, an awesome series.

You liked her whole series. And its art. And you like it. Therefore you like art.

Besides...you make it sound like liking art is a bad thing. What about this ART?

It's not as #@% as most art.

lol Is it abstract art you hate? I can't imagine someone not liking something like the Sistine Chapel or Botticelli's Birth of Venus (nekkid women!) or even the surrealist nightmare creations of Salvador Dali.

???

The only thing in the post above that I recognize are the words naked woman, and yes I do like naked women.

The only thing in the post above that I recognize are the words naked woman, and yes I do like naked women.

tru dat word! :D :-))

This was my bit of Carnivorous Plant art,

nepenthesinermis.jpg

I had plans for a whole series of trap models but I didn't get any support to continue the project (at one time Edmunton Science was interested but they wanted them to come preasembled and painted, I'm not Mc Farlane Toys here, just a dude in his apartment. So only this one kit got produced in about 50 copies, thanks again to those of you who did buy them, at least the rubber mold got paid for. Anyone ever put theirs together and paint it up? I'd love to see them!

Now I sculpt fantasy figures instead, when I sculpt a female superhero or warrior or whatever, i always get to see her nekkid... :boogie:

well...hope no one laughs. But this is my CP art. Inspired from the plant at the recent plant show pictures. However, pitchers are different as these pitchers were made adult.

Just made it yesterday and scanned it before I sent away the original as a gift.

1743978269_b7952a94ec_o.png

Well since we are all posting our CP art, here is one I did in high school (some 13 years ago, god I'm old...)

PA120007.jpg

Those are cool! I didn't know what a CP was when I was in high school. We did take field trips out to draw Brontasaurus and Camosaurus though. :-))

I used to draw horses all the time.

Back