What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

San Diego is Hell right now.

• Thread starter Nepenthes
  • Start date
San Diego Emergency: State of Emergency

San Diego is burning up... theres like 5 fires spread out all over the place and it's raining ash all over the city. If you guys know anyone that lives in S.D. I would call 'em up and see how they're doing. I think this fire is gonna be worse, if it isn't already, than the 2003 fires. :cuss:

Edit: It is worse... San Diego is in a state of emergency, this is so crazy right now... They're evacuating everyone right now, it's like Hurricane Katrina, with winds of almost the same speed.

Seriously let family, friends, etc. know... San Diego is in a crisis right now. The governator is on his way to address the city. A grip of houses have been burned down, tens of thousands have been evacuated to the Stadium... there are 8 fires currently burning.

Oh my. Did you evacuate? Are you in one of the seven counties that are a state of emergency?

xvart.

Yes, practically most of Southern California is a Living Hell at the moment. We have about six major fires going on at the moment. We are going to have temps up into the mid 90’s this week, high winds, and very low humidity. People are evacuating, houses are burning, and the news is covering nothing but the fires.

Thank you Santa Ana winds...

I'm about to evacuate and join my family who are already at the football stadium. There are 8 separate fires currently in San Diego County and the close areas. Ash is raining all over the sky everywhere. I'm lucky there is somewhat of a patch of blue sky here in Mira Mesa, but one fire is just a few miles north of me... it is so nuts... If you guys don't hear from me in a while, my house may have burnt down. No joke, this is the worst thing to happen in San Diego history.

Oh yea lol... =( my plants are probably gonna all be burned too... I think I might try to save my baby Hamata lol. There goes hundreds of dollars i've spent recently =/

I've been hearing about this. I'm so sorry. :( My thoughts are with you and your family. I hope your house (and plants) are spared.

I've been hearing about this. I'm so sorry. :( My thoughts are with you and your family. I hope your house (and plants) are spared.

I have heard alot about it too,they think it was arson.
I hope they catch the people who set the fires:cuss:

17 fires in socal, it's getting hard to breathe around here.

wow, that's terrible. I hope everyone comes out okay! Good luck so cal growers.

Yes good luck. I hope everything goes all right!

Back