What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flaming squirrel ignites car in Bayonne

Finch

Whats it to ya?
Now for some lighter news... well its not really light news... but its really funny anyway. Er well I thought so,

It's Rocky the Frying Squirrel!

A kamikaze squirrel fell from the sky and detonated a Bayonne woman's car yesterday, police said today.

Lindsey Millar, 23, and her brother, Tony, 22, were both home Wednesday at about 12:45 p.m. when Lindsey's car suddenly started burning outside their 42nd Street home.

Tony Millar said firefighters told them it was the work of a buck-toothed saboteur that had been gnawing on overhead power lines connected to a transformer directly above the 2006 Toyota Camry.

"The squirrel chewed through the wire, was set on fire, fell down directly to where the car was," Tony Millar said. "The squirrel, on fire, slid into the engine compartment and blew up the car.
"They're always coming around here, chewing through the garbage," he added.

Tony Millar says his sister was fully insured.

"It's something to laugh about once she has a new car," he said. "It's not funny yet."
Police said there were no injuries -- except for the squirrel, that is, which is dead.

The Millars' home is decorated for Halloween, complete with a tiny plastic tombstone on their front lawn. Tony Millar said the family will consider dedicating the tombstone to the squirrel, who was not named.
http://www.nj.com/hudsoncountynow/index.ssf/2007/10/flaming_squirrel_ignites_car_i.html

That's awesome. I knew exactly what you meant when I first read the title of the post, but the image that keeps coming to mind is of an angry gay squirrel torching a car dealership.
~Joe

Bad enough they take out our CPs, but now they are taking out our cars. Could be worse...it might have actually been trying to take out the house.

next they'll start turning off greenhouse heating equipment in dead winter.

One time a squirrel fell into my old swiming pool...but a flaming squirrel, sheesh, that's insane!

lol actually we had a grass fire near here start from a flaming bird........bird landed on a electric pole and some how grounded out, burst into flames.....hit the ground and started what turned into close to a 100 acre fire...........damndest thing i had ever heard of.........

Squirlls are suicide terrorists. Whenever I'm biking they always get so close to me I have to break in order to avoid hitting them, clearly they are trying to get my to trip on them and die.

Evolution in action. The dumb ones don't survive. The same it used to work before we made everything so safe for kids. Before bike helmets and no-lead paint.

I seem to have a truce with the squirrels that live in the trees around my house. There are a lot of them that lives in the trees but they don't mess with my cp's. In return I don't shoot them with my AK. Fair trade I think.

Yesterday when I got home I got out of my van and I heard some screeching up in the trees. I looked up and I saw some huge black wings swoop into the trees and I heard the squirrels chattering. I don't know if the bird probably a hawk had a squirrel dinner or not, but he sure tried.

Do you think insurance covers squirrel arson?

I once witnessed a pidgeon explode a transformer. I was waiting at the bus stop and all of a sudden there was a bright flash of light and a loud popping noise. When I looked at the pole where the noise came from all I saw was a sizzling pidgeon and feathers floating everywhere.

I once witnessed a pidgeon explode a transformer. I was waiting at the bus stop and all of a sudden there was a bright flash of light and a loud popping noise. When I looked at the pole where the noise came from all I saw was a sizzling pidgeon and feathers floating everywhere.

LOL, my brother claims he saw the exact same thing...he used to have a hobby of visiting sub stations...he took me with him once...god, that must be a horrible way to die lmao...

what are the odds of that?

glad i park the car in the garage.

wonder what was going through it's poor little tiny head?

wonder what was going through it's poor little tiny head?

Probably "Ouch that's hot!!!"

Back