What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with baby squirrel

• Thread starter Pyro
  • Start date
  • Tags
    baby

Pyro

N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L
So, last night while doing the pre-bed walk my chihuahua found a baby squirrel. The thing was nearly frozen so I picked it up and wrapped it in a towel and dropper fed it a little milk then stuck it in a Rubbermaid with a heat pad under it for the night. And this morning it is doing much better and I have no clue what to do with it. I am not going to keep it but I don't want to just pawn it off on someone who is going to smash it with a cinder block once I am out the door.

Any ideas who I ought to go about contacting to get the little tyke cared for?

Ah, excellent. Mucho gusto

yah know........................the more i think about it the more this strikes me as an odd question from a guy with snakes :grin:

or for that matter, a guy who grows plants. Clearly they've hypnotized you with their bushy tails and beady eyes, and are using you in their quest for world domination. Resist!!

Rattler,

None of the snakes are big enough to take the squirrel (think adult rat, who knew they were this big as babies?!?!)

Presto,

I actually said that same thing to my wife... "This things parents are digging in my bog and here I am trying to save something that will probably come back and repay me by uprooting and eating my best plants. Am I nuts??" She laughed at me

oh, well that explains it :grin:

Then there is the possible parasite factor... Not sure that is worth the risk either

i know, i know.........................still strikes me as an odd conversation between having the CP's and the snakes......... :grin:

I found a hurt Robin outside my office and a grad student that works for me took it to a local shelter. They were supposed to be sending her updates about it's progress but I haven't heard anything... Hopefully that's not a bad thing.

Pyro - Did you take it to a shelter or anything like that?

xvart.

X,

Yeah I found a local lady that does squirrel "rehab" and left it with her.

X,

Oh good. That's great. Good work.

xvart.

Lol, for some reason Kathy Bates (the squirrel lady) from Rat Race comes to mind.

Lol, for some reason Kathy Bates (the squirrel lady) from Rat Race comes to mind.

lol. I just watched that movie last night!

xvart.

Back