What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody here done single sheet book binding?

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
I want to make a bound book out of single sheets of heavy stock 8.5" x 11" printer paper. has anyone here done this? I'm not too hip on the paper punch with the screw rivets , I'd like to make it into an actual "book" but my book binding books show that I'd need to use 11" x 17" and sew the folded signatures together.

Has anyone here done any binding of homemade books of single sheets?

I've done binding of 8.5 x 11 with a binding machine. I.e. that huge thing that puts black plastic curled things between holes in the sheets...know what i mean? I've never done an actual "book" (like with a hardcover). I would expect that machine would be realllyyyy expensive.

O man, I hate those comb bindings (metal or black plastic wires) more than than the rivets. I used to have to bind forms with those at my old job.

The book I've got called Creative Bookbinding shows how to do everything (by hand or home made tools, no expensive machines) with it I can make anything from a simple pamphlet to a gold guilded hardcover bible... everything that is except single sheet binding with anything other than the comb. :(

I guess I might just end up using the hated rivets cos in the end I can still put a leather hardcover overtop and hide the rivets with a hinged cover along the spine. I have afew homemade Ms. with the rivets that I've bought from others and for sturdiness they suck but maybe with a hardcover case they'd be more sturdy.

ANyone interested in bookbinding check out this supplier-they seem to have it all:
http://talasonline.com/

cant help yah swords............done about every type of binding(or know someone who does) for everything but what your asking. i mainly use an industrial stapler and either do the 11x17 route or use the staples as rivets along the left hand margin about 1/4 inch in or so...........

Back