What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need music

I need a good Asian song for a talent show I'm doing. My girlfriend and I are performing with various weapons. Its live and non-choreographed. I'm looking for a fast paced song or something like the one from Hero when he defeated "Sky" I think it was the spearman. Let me know if you have any ideas!!

Turning Japanese, by the Vapors. It isn't exactly Asian, well, not even remotely, but it's perfect.

approximately how long does it need to be?

if it helps im using Kali (eskrima or arnis) sticks (solid bamboo and rattan) and she is using an oaken bokken.

EDIT sorry it copied twice :)

if it helps im using Kali (eskrima or arnis) sticks (solid bamboo and rattan) and she is using an oaken bokken.

...traditional --- or modern-Asian-influenced remix?

...traditional --- or modern-Asian-influenced remix?
either is fine..Taiko is really good as NAN suggested.. But i still have a week to decide...traditional would be great

(NAN! COOL, you did the drums and percussion for the Filipino Kali Acadamey!?! now how awesome is that! NICE!!! GREAT links!! )

BA: for the modern stuff, i was thinking along the lines of movie sountracks like Hanz Zimmers work in the Last Samurai? May be a bit too movie-esque though for your purposes? (I think Mr. Zimmer is a great composer! Gladiator is probably too gladiator-ish though, and his work in Backdraft makes me want to fight fires! LOL :-)) )

Cirque Du Soleil had a taiko drum thing as well, but the soundtrack of that has the applause mixed in, don't know if maybe you can find a clean version somewhere. I dont think you can go wrong with Taiko drums for your thing.

And although its not exactly Asian influenced, there's the Matrix sountrack (Rob Dougan) :boogie: that I've always wanted to film a choreographed fight scene to! YEAH!! - one day.

for ULTRA cheezy there's always the pokemon theme song... but i would not suggest that for what you are about to do. (Although, i think it would be funny) LOL... no offense. If you are into anime, there's a few cool soundtracks, but again thats more on the modern side.

I do have a friend who does taiko. Maybe you can have some live taiko drums at your thing! that would be awesome.

(NAN! COOL, you did the drums and percussion for the Filipino Kali Acadamey!?! now how awesome is that! NICE!!! GREAT links!! )

Naw, I was just a regular student there. The iinstructors Richard Bustillo, Dan Inosanto and Jerry Poteet could really cook on the drums though.

Back