What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does essential oil go bad?

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
I got a couple ounces of Clove oil off of ebay. It's my favorite smell (lillies are a close second) and it smells... like someone soaked an old leather jacket in it before they bottled it up. I put some in my reed diffuser and it smells HORRIBLE! The thing is, the a few hours later my room is filled with the warm, sweet smell of cloves. Why does the room smell good, when the oil smells putrid? I've smelled other clove oils that smell fantastic, but not this one! Should I return the other unused bottle if they sent me bad oil?

Do clove cigarettes go bad and get smelly when they're too old?

I assume the concentration of this mixture is so high that the true smell needs time to diffuse in the air. Too much of a good thing before can smell bad… just wiff pure lavender extract. Only a few drops should be sufficient for baths and scenting things... if your wicking it use a little bit at a time, dont stick the reed right in the bottle. This stuff will last you a long time if you use it right.

And old whole cloves, not the cigarettes, just loose their scent as they age.

Lmao, it really smells putrid lmao. I'll re-bottle it up and just use a little bit and see if that works!

Hi dear i like making my own natural cosmetics and lotions but many recipes call for essential oils I'd prefer not to buy them online and i am sure to buy DoTerra oil because this oil is making by a official company which is very best and good in oil making and have a good will in the market they are providing their oil in all over the world and getting a great profit and costumers because of their Oil quality.........

Back