What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

gator 1- bad guy 0

• Thread starter Lauderdale
  • Start date
HAHAHA... A bit harsh of a punishment, but crime doesn't pay lol.

Hey Lauderdale, I noticed you modified your signature a bit. Any particular reason?

That is such a shame. Why would they kill an alligator for doing what he naturally does. Two perfectly good gators are now dead just because some idiot ran from the cops.

I agree with you Ozzy. Some people may consider it "cruel and unusual" punishment but I prefer to look it as plain old stupidity. There was a sign. The guy chose to jump into the water. The gator was hungry. Oops!
Miccosukee Indian police are checking to see which gator was the attacker. It should be pretty easy as a few body parts are missing from the guy.

Nepenthes, I change my signature in response to another member’s signature.

It is the guy's fault for jumping into a pond...especially in that area. Which is very close to my house by the way. But gator attacks on humans (including fatalities) are not uncommon anymore. Not too long ago a woman was killed by one while jogging...this was in your neck of the woods Lauderdale. It's not the animal's fault...but it's one of those lose-lose situations.

shoulda gave the gator a medal..............

That is such a shame. Why would they kill an alligator for doing what he naturally does. Two perfectly good gators are now dead just because some idiot ran from the cops.
I agree 100 percent. Gators only doing what comes naturally.
Out here in California we don't have wild gators however we frequently do get mountain lions. We had the big wildfires a few weeks ago and now the mountain lions are coming into the developed areas looking for food since large portions of their natural habitat was burned out. One was spotted near an elementary school recently.
The way I see it, they were here first.

The problem is that the gator wasn't doing what comes naturally. Naturally, you should be able to cross a lake full of gators without incident - they're actually afraid of humans, and are probably the most docile of the crocodilians. The problem is that people feed them, they lose that fear, and then they become a danger, which is definitely what happened here. When I first saw this, I was shocked most by the size of the gator - gators that small do *not* attack humans without provocation unless they've been fed, and fed frequently.

While this is definitely the fault of humans, I do think the gator should be eliminated, since it will continue to pose a danger. They also need to put a nice big fence around the lake to keep people from feeding the damn things.

Mokele

Back