What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

photo thief?

Lol, I guess they want to harvest all the plants and destroy the habitat first. It's pretty hypocritical of them, if they in fact field harvest.

Fly Trap Fram does IN FACT field collect as they have told me so and made no bones about it. They hire what they call "fly trap farmers" who they claim have been collecting VFTs for income for generations. They claim the "farmers" have permits to do so but I doubt if FTF ever checks to see WHERE the VFTs have come from. We exchanged a few emails back and forth and they made no apologies for their practices. I don't know about their other plant offerings but the fact that they sell numerous plants native to their location makes me wonder. If they take VFTs from the wild...why not P. caerulea or D. capillaris.

I HOPE no Google ads for FTF show up here.

See prior post :)

I've never really considered trying to make money off the photos I take of my plants, so I just made them public domain. I respect the rights of photographers, but I'm no pro, and would actually be happy to find my photos popping up somewhere. But then, I make that clear on every post I make. Nobody should ever take anyone's photos without permission!!

Capslock

I noticed that the party in question, -- Mr. Crespo does have YET ANOTHER site in which the photos of the plants for sale were stolen from yet another online retailer... I know, no URLS are allowed to be posted, but just had to share that... if you do some Googlin' you may be able to see for yerself.

Man, this guy stoops pretty low (It's FRIQUIN' LAME!!!)

RL 7836 -- you are right, just the fact that he can't take photos of his own plants is cause for concern...

Garden of Eden, -- your Ceph photo was also on his other site, but the copyright symbol is on it as well...

I think i will notify the party of whom he stole from... thats just not right...

I fully agree that he shouldn't have taken other people's photos... that being said, I will say that although he doesn't take his own pictures, his plants are actually not that bad. I have ordered two Neps from him before, off of his other website, and they were very healthy. Of course, they were overpriced, and it was my first time ordering Neps so I didn't know better, but I still have the plants and they are doing great. Again, it still was wrong of him to steal photos. In over a year however, he has yet to have Cephs for sale lol.

Back