What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Call to Action...Need Help!

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Hello everybody!

The NASC Board is seeking people who are willing to do some volunteer work for us. Specifically, we are looking for help for our Head Grower, Mike Howlett.

Mike has grown out thousands of location seedlings. In addition to managing all these NASC seedlings (that will be heading out to our regional growers), Mike has a full-time job and a couple of personal side businesses to boot. In other words, he's up to his...well...you know what...in alligators. Managing this many plants alone is tough.

We are trying to find someone in the Houston, TX area that would be willing to volunteer to donate some time to help Mike. The work might involve upsizing seedling pots, making labels, packing plants--anything that will help Mike to care and move out the plants we have. He's had some volunteer help but not really enough.

I believe Mike said the area is near "Intercontinental Airways". ??? I don't know Houston, so if that sounds right, that's what he's near. :)

You do not have to be a NASC member to help but of course we welcome anyone into the fold!!

What we DO need are people who want NASC to be successful at their mission and are willing to put words into Action! SO...if you are in or near Houston or you know of anyone who is in that area and might be able to help Mike, please let us know! We need willing hands to get this done.

You can reach Mike at HoustonHerp@aol.com or you can email me at PlantAKiss@aol.com or PM me here. OR...contact any Board member. The NASC web site is www.NASarracenia.org .

Thank you for the support!

Suzanne/PAK, NASC President

I can do stuff once I move back in December. I talked to Mike about this when I visited him a couple of months ago, but never really followed up on it. I think Mike still has my email address....?

If you email Mike at the above address, I'm sure he can give you more info. :)

Back