What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HOW do you put a rolled up poster in a poster frame?

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
It's not a riddle I've made up, I actually wanna know! :)

I bought a reprint of the original Conan movie poster off ebay and I'm going to use it as my main refernce for a statue of the same image. I want to put it in a frame for use while I'm working and then i can give it away as a xmas present or something once I'm done with the sculpting/painting. But HOW do you get a rolled up poster laid flat into a poster frame? Normally I'd just use thumbtacks, the wall and no frame but since I might give it away I don't want it damaged at all.

The same way as a photograph is done.
First you’ll need a stiff backing much like you will find in any picture frame you purchase then it requires a can of spray adhesive, then you laminate the poster to the backing board with the adhesive and bingo, you’ll have a poster ready for framing.

Conan...with AHHNAHHLD (he's my idol btw).
Lay the poster out and put heavy books on the corners for a week or tow...then just pick it up and stick it in the frame.

Mounting a poster will immediately lower an collector's value it may have. Either flatten it out on a flat surface as suggested previously or carefully roll it in the opposite direction on the outside of the mailing tube (if clean) and secure with rubber bands for a day or two. The flattening method is preferred as there is less chance of creasing or tearing.

Aww NAN, whats the point of having it if you cant see it? ???

Thanks guys!
It'll be my first attempt at a portrait sculpt in some time, Several infact cos I'm doing Arne and the girl (whoever she is). I'll have to pop the DVD in again cos I also wanna do the evil guy who was played by James Earl Jones and wore the cool skull helmet.

Anyone know if the "print screen" button works on the PC while you're playing a DVD so you can get screen captures from video? Or any other ways to capture images from video, I tried my digital camera on a tripod aimed at the TV but it didn't work very well. I'd like to get some good photo refs (the poster is a painting) but I'd like some profile and 3/4 views of the 3 charcahters if I can get it. I can find stuff on google but usually everything is so small even with blwoing up in photoshop you loose a lot of details.

NAN, this probly isn't a real collectors piece, it's printed by Neca (the company who does action figures) so it's a reprint done sometime in the last few years. After I bid on this one I found a real original copy of the poster from an Italian theater, "Conan Il Barbaro" I like it much better but since I'd already bought this one...
I'll try the rolling in the other direction trick cos I don't have anywhere to lay it flat, every flat surface of my place has either books, art tools or half finished figure sculpts standing around!

Back