What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can anyone identify this fungus?

DSCN3442.jpg

Or just try to get the genus.

Thanks,
-Ben

Thanks! I thought it could be that as well, but wasn't sure. But I looked at a few more pics, and I think it is now. But if any skilled mushroom pplz think otherwise, then let me know. I'm need to get 10 species of organisms native to western New York for a science "Ecology project".

Thanks,
-Ben

I'm need to get 10 species of organisms native to western New York for a science "Ecology project".
S. purpurea! ahah
Alex

Don't complain. I have to get 50 different species of invertebrates from Lubbock, then mount them and label them. Then the museum might take them and I'll get no credit. Ahhhh college.

phisson, this is a little off topic, but if you want it easy on the project just collect ants! Diversity in ants is CRAZY!

I would, but we had our first freeze 2 weeks ago and its been below freezing for about 8 consecutive nights. Larger things (i.e. not stuff I need a microscope for) is pretty much all dead now, but luckily I'm pretty much done with the collection since I started in mid October. I emptied out all the light covers, and got some scale from one of my plants hahahahah

S. purpurea! ahah
Alex

Lol, yeah I was thinking of that. But like we're supposed to use organisms that would "affect" a 'field ecosystem'. I guess a bog isn't really a field. The project is about how this thing (I forget what lol maybe a church) wants to build on this open field, and we have to find species that might be on this land, and if the company or whatever builds on it, what species would be affected. And this is sort of real; the building on the land is real in our town, but the project is sort of not really going to help anything.

Don't complain. I have to get 50 different species of invertebrates from Lubbock, then mount them and label them.

Lol I wasn't complaining.

Thanks, this is a pretty cool website. It has a bunch of CP bogs in my area. :)

-Ben

Well I have another thing that needs identification.

snake2.jpg

Could it be an (baby) eastern garter snake? (Thamnophis sirtalis sirtalis)

Thanks,
-Ben

Back