What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CP's & Roses

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
Yesterday I decided to surprise the wife with some Roses.

Today I was getting everything ready that is outside to move to the unheated garage. I decided to cut a few Sarracenia pitchers and place them with the Roses.

My wife hates my CP's and I was wondering how long it would take her to notice what I had done............. less then 1 second. :-))
She asked me why I placed them there, but has not told me I have to remove them.....not yet anyway.

Rose_CPs_Top.jpg

Rose_CPsSide.jpg

I think it looks really nice.

Wow! I love that!! You can give them to me! I'd appreciate it. lol Of course those were your own pitchers you cut so no wild plants were damaged. :D

Why in the world does she hate CPs??

BTW...I hope the pitchers didn't negate the points you scored for surprise flowers. hehe

they are very nice to bad they won't last forever :down:

But they match! Maybe April 1 would have been a gooder time for that bouquet?

Nice. I wonder if they'll last longer if you filled them with water?

Actually, they won't stay FRESH forever, but may very well dry quite nicely.

I find that many times they pitchers don't distort when they dry, or if they do, it's not detrimental to their ascetic appeal.

Thanks for the comments.

Suzanne,
My wife dislikes CP's for a few reasons.
She thinks they are ugly.
Because of how much I like them.
The greenhouse........I mean kitchen is full of CP's.
The deck which has a grill, table, and chair, only has room to sit in the chair and stand to grill. The table is covered with pots of CP's. There are planters with CP's in the corners of the deck and along the rail. Trays under and around the table....You get the idea? LOL

We have been house hunting and the wife is all for room to build a greenhouse so she does not have to look at them.

If you come to another Pine Barren trip Suzanne, I'll make you one.

Very nice... what hybrid did you use? Name?

We have been house hunting and the wife is all for room to build a greenhouse so she does not have to look at them.

But the window! NOOOOOOO!

xvart.

Finch,
Sarracenia 'Dana's Delight'

xvart,
I may have to take it with me.
This house is just too small for us. Our plan was to be here 5 years and then get a bigger house. Well it's going on 12 years now.
It's also very scary when I think what little I pay for the mortgage and what a new one will be. :0o: I'll never be able to buy toys again. :-(

How can she think CPs are UGLY?? lol Even an ugly ceph pitcher is beautiful. :rolleyes: And nothing wrong with a...few...plants in like every nook and cranny of your home. :D

If you come to another Pine Barren trip Suzanne, I'll make you one.

Wooohooo! Let me find a chauffer and I'm there! I'd really love to go there again. And back to the Green Swamp. Both make excellent field trips.

Impressive! I like it!:-O

We have almost interchangeable wives! :0o:

Back