What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here workout?

• Thread starter Zero
  • Start date
pic
me.jpg

peace,
Zero

Naturally I'm about 140 (realllly skinny lol). Right before the end of summer, I was up to 190....then school started and I got way too freakin busy, and now I'm only like 170...it sucks. I have a really harcd time gaining in some areas (chest/biceps), but some areas just explode w/ growth (back/legs). I went from squatting 135 to 275 in likw 10 months.

Yep, but no pictures :p

I use a bowflex Revolution, (the full size NOT the XP...) It's nice :) I got it from a estate sale for a really good price... And they had all the upgrades on it :D

Andrew

i just use myself...crunches, push-ups, etc...hike, climb over EVERYTHING, etc...im too poor right now for other stuff! ;)

I edited my face out cuz I had posted this on the bodybuilding forums, but here's me at 182ish, 6 or 7% bf:

jul.jpg

My chest is more balanced now and has more cleavage. Back then my lower chest was way bigger than my upper chest and as you can see, it looked retarded.

I work out alot, mostly for football and weight lifting competitions. Right now im only taking %100 whey protein and creotien . Anyone else take supplements?

yeah, I work out every now and then as well, but also I have no pics

most of my muscle gain comes from swimming however

I don't do supps anymore. I used to take a lot of them, then I just stopped one day and I found out it didn't really make a difference. Creatine can help you get focused but you need to cycle or else your receptors don't even bother picking it up anymore. Also, look at the label and STAY AWAY from glycosyamine (sp?). It will screw up your heart if you take it long term.

I don't even use protein shakes anymore. They taste nasty and they're rough on my stomach. I just eat chicken and rice when I get home from working out. Its about the same exact amt of protein and has tons more nutritional value.

Fish oil is the only "supplement" I take. Its good stuff...plus a couple ppl in my family have had heart conditions, so hopefully this works out lol.
Oh I take a multi too.

I don't do supps anymore. I used to take a lot of them, then I just stopped one day and I found out it didn't really make a difference. Creatine can help you get focused but you need to cycle or else your receptors don't even bother picking it up anymore. Also, look at the label and STAY AWAY from glycosyamine (sp?). It will screw up your heart if you take it long term.

I don't even use protein shakes anymore. They taste nasty and they're rough on my stomach. I just eat chicken and rice when I get home from working out. Its about the same exact amt of protein and has tons more nutritional value.

Fish oil is the only "supplement" I take. Its good stuff...plus a couple ppl in my family have had heart conditions, so hopefully this works out lol.

Good advice right there. The only real supplements I use are L-Glutamine, Fish Oil (Using Carlson's Labs liquid cod liver oil atm) and a multi-vitamin from whole food sources, stay way from synthetic vitamins. However there's no point in supplementing anything if your diet is horrible. A supplement is only that, a supplement. It's supposed to fill the gaps your diet is missing.

I take creatine, and protein shakes.

i eat meat...and rice...

obregon562, I eat meat and rice also.

lol yeah its not like my diet is made up of protein shakes creatine...I eat alot of meat and try to keep everything balanced.

phissionkorps, you seem to be ripped.
I am about 155lbs a small guy.

Its cuz I'm so freakin skinny. Its HARD to build muscle, but I dont really store fat at all

I started going to the gym on and off in my Junior year...now I go there about 4 times a week...it's funny, I used to hate going there, but after I started seeing results, I wanted to spent every day there... My heaviest weight was towards the end of last year...190... After working at a nursery over the summer, I dropped to 175, but now i'm 183... I'm 5' 10'', but everyone that I know says I'm still growing...If I gained a couple more inches, then I could easily hit 200 pounds...Right now I'm working on building up my chest and arms, and I've had tremendous progress...I've been spending some time on my legs as well...I don't really do much cardio in the Gym, I can't stand sitting on a fake bicycle for half an hour...I get my cardio in riding a real bike lol...I'm not skinny, but I'm not fat either...I used to try to lose weight, but I've given up on that, because I like food too much :D...but as long as I'm seeing results in my arms and chest, I'm not really self concious about not having a completley flat stomach

Its cuz I'm so freakin skinny. Its HARD to build muscle, but I dont really store fat at all

The only advice I have is too eat pasta, lots and lots of it...that's my main diet lol...well, that and hamburgers...On most night's, I usually have thirds, sometimes fourths, and fifths if i'm really hungry lol...If you want to gain weight, then you can't go wrong with pasta...

this is a pic of me over the summer...don't make any cracks about the fact that my skin is bright pink...it's a ginger thing...I might have been burned also, but idk, I'm usually pink...

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Edit: Also, there's an orb in this pic, which is why I saved it, so if you're into the paranormal or whatever...

I had been thinking of weightlifting for awhile, but this year I really got serious. I have been going regularly for several months now, and I must admit I really enjoy it, something that came as a surprise for me. Im in the ‘novice’ phase, and will be for awhile, but im trying to capitalize on my beginners gains. I had a very physically demanding job this summer that monopolized all my time and energy, but during the course of it I went from 195 and squishy to 170 and not squishy, lost 25 pounds of body fat (REALLY physically demanding job with long hours) and picked up the weights shortly after I ended my job. Been making great gains in strength, as beginners tend to do, and I am very pleased to be seeing results. Im 175 now and am slowly starting to see shadows of my abs for the first time in my life. This is one of the best things I have ever done for myself, lifting the weights helps me blow off steam- its one thing I know that I am going to stick with for a very long time.

I totally know what you mean finch...I would never have thought that going to the gym could be enjoyable...It's a really good anti depressent for me personally...with my tourettes, I tend to have a lot of mood swings, but I'm always happy at the gym...and I just feel more confident about myself in general when I'm there...My dad always says that you're the happiest when you're busy or active, and never has he been more right!

yeah, the gym is enjoyable:)
you just have to stick with it.
a little info,
I jump on the treadmill for a mile as a muscle warmup.
I hit both free weights and the machines.
I have gone from 190 lbs, to 155 in a year.
I cut out a lot of high carb snacks, and soda.
I eat about 8 times a day, balanced meals.
Good high quality food, as in tastes good and is healthy, is a must.
Yes, healthy food does taste good!!!
you can get spiced skinless chicken on sale,
t-bone steak,
low fat burgers,
don't eat out a lot.
in america we learn all the worst eating habits, change them.
I have found healthy food is good to eat.
cook your own meals.
sorry if I sound like a fanatic.
peace,
Zero

If you want to work abs, roman chairs are the way to go. If you're real skinny you can use some weights on your abs, but if you're a larger person, you honestly don't need any more bulk in that area (advice from Jay Cutler). The BB's w/ the best abs in the world hit roman chairs until they pass out :p. Like Arnold, I don't go for reps, I go for time. Arnold did 10 mins straight as a warmup...I can only hit about 4 if I'm lucky.

While carbs are good, its easy to overload on carbs, so inhaling pasta is a bad idea. You need and optimal of fats/carbs/protein to see good gains, and pasta just doesn't have the protein to back up the carb punch. It can also really mess up your blood sugar if you're older or are sensitive to that kind of thing....

Burgers are good, but turkey burgers are better. Cut out red meat if you can. Turkey and chicken has less protein but is way better for you (less fat/sat. fat/etc). If you have to have red meat (even though its expensive) go with bison.

Finch from your body type, you can easily overeat. Make sure to count things and not go off the charts. People like me need to consume in the area of 6k calories a day to see gains, but with your body type, you don't need to concentrate on bulking like I would.

zero- hit a hardcore bulk, then cut.

neon-eon.....cut.

Back