What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How I spent my Saturday.

Kate

Far too old to grow up now.
All the plans my daughter and I had for today (finish winterizing the herb garden, do a little shopping, head down to the creek behind our house to catalouge the late fall lifeforms [my 6 year old is something of a science geek] and then finally go to the town "light-up" ) were canceled due to weather.

This is what we did instead.

snowman2.jpg

For reference the tallest person in the picture stands at 6 feet even....

and here I was starting to feel old....

Now that's a picture postcard! Thanx for sharing.

The scene captured in this image is exactly why I leave Alaska to winter in Florida...

I'm sure it was a grand day, I did 25 NW winters before I whimped out and started migrating south for the season.

BIGGEST-SNOWMAN-EVER! good job! I love the snow!

Very nice! I love snow! :)

Brrrrr! Too cold for my Florida native blood..(reaching for jacket) :nono: :-))

I love that!! I love snow. :D Unfortunately we don't get any anymore. :( In fact, I've heard a lot of comments about how long the trees held onto their leaves this year. I noticed it and so did a number of others. Normally by late November trees are bare nekkid.

We are supposed to get flurries tonite I think but when it comes to winter weather predicting...they never get it right. Its always rain. But we need the rain badly so...I hope there is some precip.

I think what you did is great family fun! That'll be a great memory. :)

I love that!! I love snow. :D Unfortunately we don't get any anymore. :( In fact, I've heard a lot of comments about how long the trees held onto their leaves this year. I noticed it and so did a number of others. Normally by late November trees are bare nekkid.
Same here. Even though, I live in California, the trees have usually lost their leaves by now. Most of the trees in the back yard still have a good amount of leaves on them; same with the grapevine....

Brrrrr! Too cold for my Florida native blood..(reaching for jacket) :nono: :-))
Yeah, seriously. It was something around the mid to high 60s yesterday morning and I had a hard time walking around outside in a t-shirt and shorts. I don't think I could survive a winter where it snows like that..

Eep! A week fixing my computer and I miss discussion!

For all the comments on the snow. It doesn't snow often here. Most winters we get maybe a dusting all year.

As for the snowman, yeah he was pretty big, he fell over that night in the wind though so the next morning we put him back together as best we could.... and built a bigger one! :-D

Back