What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

amilia earheart

losfreddy

Composter
So we know it is possible to travel into the future thru time dilation when flying into space. Is it true That Amilia Earheart landed a week before she left on one of her trips arouns the world? Something about flying over the Burmuda triangle.

If she landed a week before she left, that would be a paradox since she would have already done it. Sort of like.. if I time travel and meet myself at age 10, it would have already happened 8 years ago, so I would have never done it to begin with. Doesn't make sense. Unless there are infinate copies of reality and infinite copies of myself (Scary.)

This would be easier if we had some pot.

say, but time travel is possible in a way. Something wierd in the Burmuda triangle going on. Time dilation

The only thing going on there is nothing. It is an extremely heavily traveled area, with hundreds of ships passing through it daily, and hundreds of planes daily as well. Of course some are bound to get lost.

I don't know about Amillia Earhart but most of Amelia Earhart's flights are documented.

Are sure you're not thinking of the old limerick:

There was a young lady named Bright
Whose speed was much faster than light.
She set out one day,
In a relative way,
And returned on the previous night.

Time dilation is not time travel per se but rather an expression of the effects predicted by Einstein's Special Theory of Relativity. According to Einstein's Theory of Relativity it is impossible for anything to travel at the speed of light except light itself, and impossible for anything to travel faster than the speed of light. Thus negative time dilation is not possible.

the other thing about the Bermuda Triangle is that there are massive deposits of methane hydrate under it......ocationally the sea floor shifts and releases some and if a ship is passing over an area where this is happening its likely to sink the ship.....if a airplane is passing through a cloud of it rising up from the sea surface....boom, no more plane.........

methane hydrate deposits are quite common on the contenental shelves around the world. its toppled a few oil rigs drilling through it to get to oil in the Gulf of Mexico, drilling through it allowed water to hit it which warms it up converts it from a solid to a gas.

So we know it is possible to travel into the future thru time dilation when flying into space. Is it true That Amilia Earheart landed a week before she left on one of her trips arouns the world? Something about flying over the Burmuda triangle.

No, it's not. Nor is it *known* to be possible to travel through time beyond the usual inevitable march of time. We *think* it's possible for purely mathematical reasons which may turn out to be wrong for 100 different reasons. Wishful thinking and dreamt-of conspiracies do not make something real, no matter how much you wish it.

Mokele

Back