What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes at Borneo Exotics video download

Not a Number

Hello, I must be going...
Staff member
Siegfried and Irmgard Hartmeyer in association with Aydin Dilber and EZTV have made available for free download the Hunting Veggies video "Nepethes at Borneo Exotics".

If you downloaded the earlier video "Snap-tentacles and Runway Lights" there was a teaser trailer for the Borneo Exotics video so you should have an idea of what kind of treat you are in for.

BitTorrent client is required for download.

EZTV link for video download

More information on Irmgard and Siegfried Hartmeyer's videos can be found on their website:
http://www.hartmeyer.de/Inhalt2007_GB.htm

Enjoy!

Thanks for heads up NaN. I've been wondering when they would release it.

Ay, dios mio.

Well, I downloaded it all day and night. It's done now, but when I try to open it , it wants to install real alternative 1.60. That's fine. I install and try again, and it wants to do the same thing. I try again, same thing. I click on the real alternative 1.60 icon, and it wants to install again! So I delete real alternative 1.60 and download it from file hippo. I install it. Fine. I try to open it, and it wants to install.

It plays in windows media player,winamp, 'Media player classic', whatever that is, but it only plays the volume.

Ehh, It worked for me on VLC. But now I know what to do. Thanks! Pretty sad ending. Excellent quality.

mine is doing the same...only playing audio. what did you do Clint?
Alex

You don't have the Xvid codecs installed.

You can download and install VLC media player, a small footprint free cross platform media player. It plays most video formats and includes codecs for most of them

If you don't want to install another player download either the DivX codecs (compatible with Xvid) or the Xvid codec (compatible with DivX)

Aydin Dilber recommends the DivX codec. My philosophy is to use the native codec that the video was encoded with (Xvid in this case) because of compatibility issues. This video should play fine using DivX's emulation.

Personally I use either VLC or Media Player Classic. Both have small footprints, hot key navigation features that Windows Media Player no longer has and play many formats that WMP does not.

on Windows media player at the far right (once you've tried to open it and it's only playing audio) There should be a list of things playing. Next to where it says "Nepenthes documentery thingy" there's a little exclamation point. Click on it and a window should pop up. Press web help, and it will take you to a place that can take you to a place where you can download the Xvid codec. Then it will work.

EDIT: lol just follow Not a Number's link!

Click on it and a window should pop up. Press web help, and it will take you to a place that can take you to a place where you can download the Xvid codec. Then it will work.

If it works, great. IME 80% of the time Windows Media Player will make a great show that it is doing something when you click on this. After a long wait it usually says it can't find, install or there was an error downloading the codecs. That's why I included links to where to download them manually ;)

Back