What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New plants, yes; excited, yes

DrWurm

Californian in DC
Despite the fact that they might all be somewhat noobie plants, I can't help but be excited for
my just placed order for flytrapshop (i think it's okay to mention them......). Order follows:

D. m. 'Akai Ryu'
P. cyclosecta (ties next plant for awesomeness)
N. sanguinea [Orange]
P. esseriana
P. rotundiflora

I don't know what's up with me and pings lately. I used to not be interested in them, but
they've grown on me (pun fully intended). Hopefully all these plants are nicely in stock.

I'd like to thank my mother who generously supports all of my hobbies even though I'm too
broke to buy her a birthday present.....

Will post pics upon arrival of plants.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrads. Cant wait to see them.

Yea i love it when parents buy plants lol!

I got a Ceph coming soon!

Great and, yes, you can certainly mention ordering from Flytrapshop here. In fact, you should feel free to mention Flytrapshop as often and wherever you want.

ALLLLLLLLLLLLRIGHT! Peeked out my door today and, looky looky, we gots plants.

The 2 little P. agnata were generously thrown in as freebies

The Nep has this one nice pitcher but it seems that the rest of the tendrils have browned, so I'll have to wait for some more pitchers.

The plant is a pretty nice size though.

And here's what my room setup looks like with the new plants.

The attention I received from Andrew through PMing was top notch. And the plants I received were all very carefully wrapped and stayed moist throughout the trip.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything looks like it made the trip just fine :) Thanks for the kind words. As for the Nepenthes... I cut off all the other pitchers because they were starting to brown. I don't like sending the plant with any pitcher that's starting to die because I've received them before with stuff growing on the dead part of a dying pitcher.. so if they're browning at all, I chop them off. It shouldn't be long for more pitchers though... The leaves above the one with a pitcher should produce pitchers.. in the second picture, the leaf on the upper right has a pitcher forming (and the newest leaf) I can't see the one in between... But I'd bet there is one there too. I think your little tank there should provide a fine environment so there isn't a conditioning period.
Andrew

ps how big is that round pot on the far right with the binata in it? 5-6"?

oh- and thanks for putting my bad handwriting on display! :blush: LOL I really gotta figure out how I can send those through my printer :-))

Last edited:
If you have extra P. cycosecta (and beleive me, you will in about a year), try growing one epiphytically on a piece of wood like an orchid. The Atlanta botanical gardens has 1000s of P. cyclosecta plants taking over a small area of their greenhouse. They grow next to some orchids and ant plants growing epiphitically. Seeds must have landed on the damp wood because now there are several mature P.cyclosecta plants growing on them. The plants are more vigorous growing in soil, but it is cool to see a mexican ping growing epiphitically.

You know, just today I was pondering doing stuff like that. I've taken a few early leaf pullings off my cyclo and my rotundiflora. Got em in a bag on vermiculite. Hopefully they decide to bud.

Back