What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

question about $1400 6.1 surround speakers

• Thread starter Zero
  • Start date
My friend just ordered a set of bose 6.1 surround speakers for $1400!
can he get these to work with a 5.1 receiver?
I told him it wouldn't work, but with some replys from you guys maybe I can convince him to cancel the order.
peace,
Zero

I do belive you can but you wont get the full potential/quality of the speaker. But I wouldnt IMO.

Well! Basically it means that he will be missing the potential of that SINGLE EXTRA speaker. I am guessing 6.1 is FRONT L/R, SIDE L/R, REAR L/R, Subwoofer. With a 5.1 reciever or if I consider correctly, a computer that can only take 6 channels: you will not be able to use the side channel speakers. 5.1 is FRONT CENTER/L/R, REAR L/R, Subwoofer.

Its still an exceptional set though. I have a bose 2 channel speakers for 100$ which looks cheap but works almost as good as my logitech 5.1 at home in quality. the sound is exceptional and altogether explainable by only saying "ITS A BOSE". Spectacular.

However, I guess my replies are in-line with using these as speakers for a computer. So probably others advice might be more helpful.

Back