What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ron Paul 2008 Revolution

• Thread starter zappafan
  • Start date
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that koalas have colonies of microbes in their guts that do the detoxification for them. The mothers pass these microbes on to their babies by feeding them regurgitated food.

I didn't think they had any natural immunity to the toxins whatsoever (not provided by the microbes), but Mokele would know better than I would.

EDIT: Correction. I just remembered it's not regurgitation. It's a bit grosser than that. :)

IMO, evolution denies a god, since it directly opposes creationism and theology (which is NOT a science or discipline any more than astrology or alchemy are). Regardless, you can't get elected being an atheist in this country, since we are the most religious developed nation. Too many fans of christian facism that base their vote on how religious someone is, which is the reason Huckabee won't stop flapping his idiotic gums about them. But hey, he got your vote :D

Ever wonder why countries with higher standards of living than us are largely atheist (I think Sweden or Norway is up to around 40%), but 3rd world countries are as or more religious than the US? Tells you something important...

IMO, evolution denies a god, since it directly opposes creationism and theology (which is NOT a science or discipline any more than astrology or alchemy are).

I don't think evolution denies a god in any way. I do think, however, that it denies a god with respect to creation myths.

xvart.

It certainly denies a god based on Aristotelian logic. See my proof in the other thread. If god can't be wrong, and the bible is what god says, and the bible has been wrong LOTS of times, then it proves an inherent property of god false, and thus nonexistent.

That's only a God according to the bible... which is not the word of God. Having been written by many men over a period of almost 1000 years, I would call the bible the furthest thing from evidence of a God. But anyway, I would agree that the God according to the bible is nonexistent.

<---Believe's in God and evolution. I don't see any reason why they contradict each other. They are not mutually exclusive. I guess if one takes the creation story very literally, it could be considered contradictory. IMO, evo is/was the creation process, still ongoing.

night sky, I had to deal with that contradiction for a while. So I dropped a creation theory. If you really do believe in god, and are real about it. Like your "supposed to be" you would know based on a certain book your supposed to read. That Gods real, end of story, no evolution.

blah blah blah I say.

ron paul, Iowa
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_Fd67Dysipo

Back